The ICRC is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law.
ICRC is looking for a motivated and committed candidate who will bring creative and different ideas, dedication and energy to join our team in Bethlehem Office.
Position: Generalist Field Officer 2
Contract duration: 12 months (including 3 months' probationary period)
Occupation rate: 100%
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Contributes to designing, implementing, and following up on field activities and projects in South West Bank (i.e. Bethlehem);
- Continuously monitors the security, socio-economic and political situation and analyses the humanitarian environment and the needs as relevant to the ICRC;
- Advises international staff on the cultural, political, socio-economic situation of the area
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information relevant to ICRC activities and contributes to written reporting.
- Participates in internal and external meetings
- Develops and maintains contacts with the population, municipal/regional authorities, local/regional Red Cross/Red Crescent Society branches and other organisations as appropriate.
- Monitoring and promoting the respect of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and relevant International Human Rights Law
- Proactively proposes, designs, implements, and assesses protection-driven assistance (individual and community projects), and shares creative ideas.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree
- 2 -3 years’ experience as project officer in similar field
- Fluent level of spoken and written English is required. Hebrew is an asset.
- Good geographical knowledge of the Southern West Bank
- Computer literacy
- Valid Driving License.
- Data analysis and visualization (including maps) skills are a strong asset.
- Experience or knowledge of innovative humanitarian programming (e.g. market-based and cash- based interventions, etc.) is a strong asset.
To apply for this position click the link below to fill in the application by the 12th March 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted