The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Mission in Jerusalem, is seeking qualified and motivated candidate to fill in the following position:
Generalist Field Officer
· Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs, and analyses the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment as relevant to the ICRC. Shares relevant information with colleagues and reports any changes in the situation.
· Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information about the projects and contributes to written reporting.
· Participates in internal and external meetings and develops and maintains contacts with municipal/regional authorities, local/regional Red Cross/Red Crescent Society branches and the population.
· Independently, closely collect and follows up on cases of interest according to the Protection Guidelines in place.
· Ensures follow-up on individual cases and referral to other organizations upon need and coordination with the other team members.
· Maintains regular contacts with Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) head of Emergency Medical Service (EMS) station in Jerusalem and regularly updates the line manager with the relevant developments.
· Contributes to the analysis of the situation in East Jerusalem, with regards to Protection and other areas of interest to the ICRC, including through basic information management tools (thematic excel tables and graph, etc) and timely shares security related information with the delegate;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education & professional experience:
· University degree.
· Fluent level of English and Hebrew language an asset.
· 2-3 years' experience, for instance as a project or programme officer in similar fields or in other
national/international organizations or in the private sector.
· Computer proficiency and good command in Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
· Able to travel between Jerusalem and West Bank
· Israeli Driving License
Interested applicants must submit a résumé, a motivation letter and copy of academic degree obtained & work certificates, in English, no later than 28th of November 2019 to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: Generalist Field Officer_Application_ Your name
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted