A local Palestinian mall is seeking to hire a General Manager (GM). The GM is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Shopping Mall management including but not limited to brands’ (tenant) relations, business planning and financial management, marketing and promotional strategy, customer relationship and satisfaction management, instock/inventory management, facilities and operational management and control of all maintenance, inspection and safety functions.
The GM takes direction from the Board and assumes a leadership role in establishing the Mall’s policies, practices and direction; as well as ensuring that business policy and imperatives created by the Board and Senior Management are being accomplished by the directors, management and staff. The GM provides leadership, inspiration and direction to enable the Mall to fulfill its vision, mission, overall strategy and annual objectives.
The GM will ensure that commercial, business development, organizational and divisional / departmental strategies are developed, compatible and implemented efficiently across the Mall’s departments and teams. The GM will also assist in such areas as financial management, legal services, information technology, human resources and administration functions of the Mall.
The GM will ensure that the Mall has effective and efficient strategic and business planning, and provide an oversight of systems to deliver its objectives and utilize its resources, including the organization’s brands, finances, people and assets. The GM will maintain a clear focus on the cross-organizational integration of key deliverables and to ensure that staff is motivated to fulfil the Mall’s aims and objectives through management, remuneration, and reward and staff development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the GM include:
- Develop and implement a structured business strategy and plan for the Mall covering all key components of the Mall’s operations
- Develop and implement a structured marketing strategy and plan for the Mall covering all key components of the Mall’s marketing operations, customers’ experiences, acquisition and satisfaction, marketing events and calendar
- Develop and implement brands (tenants) plans to identify new brands (tenants) and negotiate with prospective brands (tenants) to maximize income in line with the business plan
- Ensure proper brands (tenants) mix and zoning within the Mall in line with the business strategy and market demand and to achieve desired footfall
- Negotiation with brands (tenants) for their “leases” both new and renewals across all categories including: anchors, line units, food and beverage, and leisure
- Develop and maintain a long term beneficial relationship with all existing brands (tenants) and retail groups to ensure continued and future business
- To prepare, implement, review and adjust financial budgets, systems and processes and monitor performance against budget
- To ensure smooth and positive relationship with the brands (tenants), suppliers and contractors
- Develop and implement approved procedures and systems across all Mall functions to ensure smooth co-ordination / co-operation among various internal departments to facilitate business needs and deliver positive customer and brands (tenants) experiences
- Develop and implement inventory planning and operations strategy/plan for all brands (tenants), design and drive initiatives to improve process, efficiency, in-stock rates, margins and revenue, inventory optimization, vendor operational improvement (efficiency, fill rates, lead times), systematic forecasting, drive projects that will improve customer experience and, improve sales
- Prepare plans and schedules for regular and periodic Mall maintenance in conjunction with relevant department heads and follow up on quality and execution
- Follow up on the implementation of contractual and financial terms and commitments with all third parties
- Resolves complaints and demands of brands (tenants) and work to remove the causes of the complaint and respond to their requests within the legal and contractual obligations
- Identify and assess the Mall’s risk exposures and mitigation trends related to operational areas and establish, maintain and disseminate operational risk management policies and to provide accurate and consistent procedures to mitigate risks, and follow / apply legal procedures with respect to Mall operations and tenant interactions
- Develop and upkeep the corporate Mall identity - ensure adherences to corporate brand guidelines
Experience, Qualifications, Education and Skills Requirements
Key Experience Areas:
- Strong business acumen and good technical knowledge and experience of commercial facilities
- Excellent understanding and experience of all key aspects of mall management
- Excellent understanding and experience in customer service and satisfaction
- Excellent mall specific financial acumen and experience
- Excellent understanding and experience of inventory planning and management
- Excellent understanding and experience of brands (tenants) mix and zoning
- Excellent understanding and experience of mall operations and associated policies and procedures
- Excellent understanding and experience of mall marketing, advertisement and promotion
- Significant knowledge and experience of managing brands (tenants) and exposure to tender management
- Significant understanding and experience in managing Service Level Agreements, e.g. cleaning, security, facilities management etc.
Minimum Experience: 5-7 Years in similar GM or Senior Mall Management roles, and/or 10-15 Years in retail management experience
Educational Qualifications: Preferably Graduate/Master's Degree in Business, Retail Management, Retail Real Estate, or similar majors, minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Leadership and decision-making skills and qualities are essential
- Excellent Customer Service and quality focus, conscious and skills are critical
- Strong negotiations and sales skills
- Performance driven and success/goal oriented
- Strong analytical skills, problem analyzer and solver
- Professional in attitude and judgment
- Risk conscious and knowledgeable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communications skills
- Team player
- Highest integrity
- Possess sound judgment
- Possess good Arabic and English language skills (both written and spoken)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
We welcome qualified candidates to send their applications to [email protected]