6 months with possibility of extension
Community Based Rehabilitation Program Manager
- Offer advice and support to BASR functions on gender mainstreaming issues.
- Provide high quality expertise and guidance on effective ways to mainstream gender within BASR policies, plans and work procedures.
- Implement gender analysis and design gender strategy for the community programs and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure equal access and encourage participation of girls and women particularly those with disabilities in the different project components.
- Develop training material on gender to be used as awareness raising and advocacy tool in the targeted local communities.
- Offer capacity building and empowerment trainings on gender for the beneficiaries, partner organizations, and other relevant community stakeholders.
- Provide on‐the‐job training to BASR/CBR staff on gender equality and gender mainstreaming principles.
- Advocate partner local authorities and other partner organizations to mainstream gender within their policies and plans.
- Ensure that community programs database include gender-disaggregated data in access to services and activities.
- Offer recommendations for future interventions that are more gender sensitive.
Required Skills & Experience:
- University degree in gender studies, women studies, social sciences, or other relevant academic discipline, MA in gender studies is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in gender and disability mainstreaming, women studies, social sciences in Palestine.
- Demonstrated experience in working on projects promoting women’s empowerment including those with disabilities.
- Proven analytical, communication and writing skills in both Arabic and English.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a motivation letter and CV, indicating the position applied for, by Friday, 15 June 2018 to [email protected]. Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or are received after the closing date, will not be eligible.
Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.