The Gender Mainstreaming Coordinator is APLA’s the focal player for all APLA activities related to women’s empowerment and gender mainstreaming in local government. The Gender Mainstreaming Coordinator will lead the revision and finalization of the gender strategy, also revision, implementation, and re-assessment of APLA’s gender mainstreaming action plan to ensure its compliance with MAAP (APLA’s Multiannual Action Plan 2021-2025) and its objectives’ alignment with the next APLA’s Strategic Plan and make them realistic and achievable. The Gender Coordinator will also serve as a reference for the mainstreaming of all activities related to the localization of SDG5 (Gender Equality).
Founded in 1997, APLA is an independent organization mandated to represent and lobby for the collective interests of Local Government Units (LGUs) by supporting capacity building among local governments, facilitating exchange of knowledge and best practices, and serving as vehicle for dialogue between the central government and LGUs.
APLA signed a grant contract with the European Union (EU) on 12 December 2021 with total EU contribution of € 1.9 million, to implement the project (APLA’s Multiannual Action Plan (MAAP) 2021-2025). This project has been designed to strengthen LGUs collaborations on service delivery and local participatory development, and improve contributions to territorial integration, particularly in Area C. Specific objectives of MAAP are aligned to APLA’s strategic plan and aims to support the role of APLA as LGUs representative and dialogue partner with the Palestinian Authority, in order to support the role of the LGUs in the building process of future State of Palestine.
Accordingly, APLA is looking forward to hiring a Gender Coordinator to fulfill the following tasks:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Gender Mainstreaming Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Update APLA’s gender action plan.
- Align and finalize the vision of the SDG # 5 (Gender equality) in Local Government sector.
- Act as advisor for LAs on gender related issues.
- Lead the revision and implementation of the APLA's Gender Strategy and Action Plans.
- Provide technical support to LAs on gender related issues.
- Provide advice and support to APLA’s management on gender issues.
- Development of the Gender Technical Exchange Hub to be an addition to the ongoing hubs.
- Report gender related research and statistical data analysis to APLA’s management and the LAs.
- Advice on possible areas for APLA’s support of on-going projects to ensure that APLA’s projects are in line with national and international gender policies and priorities.
- Representing APLA in different working groups, initiatives, and conferences related to gender issues.
- Provide gender training and capacity building support for APLA staff and members.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in APLA’s planning (strategic and operational)
- Identify and advise on new initiatives for APLA and its members to strengthen local capacities on gender issues.
- Manage the process of collecting and sharing information on gender issues and equality in order to identify lessons learned.
- Design and conduct gender audits, and train LGUs staff to conduct the gender audits.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the gender action plan.
- Acting as APLA’s focal point for all APLA activities related women’s empowerment and gender mainstreaming in local government.
- Visualization and supposes against challenges with the quality of the participation of women (and marginalized groups) in public life, decision processes and in economic activities.
- Match and link sub projects and activities' implementation in area (C) to the rights and livelihoods of marginalized groups, including women.
- Provide and submit periodic reports for APLA and for other partners.
The Gender Mainstreaming Coordinator will work in APLA’s office in Ramallah, to provide effective and efficient management of APLAs Gender related activities. The Gender Coordinator will report on a day-to-day basis to the Technical Support Unit Manager.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Community Development, Sociology, or other related studies. Preferred Minor in Gender and Women's Studies.
- At least 5 years working experience in similar field. Governmental sector is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge in Ms. Office (word, excel, power point, outlook).
- Fluent in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of local government sector policies and advocacy.
- Excellent skills in planning, monitoring, results-based reports
Qualified candidates should send the most recent resume, including three professional references, and a cover letter detailing their interest for this position to the email address: [email protected] , indicating the position title (Gender Mainstreaming Coordinator) in the email subject line.
Deadline for submitting resumes with cover letters: Sunday, 02/10/2022.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
“APLA is an equal opportunities employer”
One year, with possibility of extension.