The Women’s Affairs Technical Committee (WATC), was established in 1992, as a coalition of women’s grassroots committees and organizations. It strives for the empowerment of women economically and socio-politically with the aim of achieving social justice.
Duration: 10 months, Full time Job
Place: Ramallah Office
WATC seeks qualified applicants for the position of Gender Expert in the programs departments with the following responsibilities:
- Conducting a participatory analysis of the context and services, through meetings and focus groups;
- Provision of instruments to enable WATC mainstreaming gender in the multi sectorial integrated programming;
- Formulate adequate indicators from a gender-perspective;
- Support the integration of gender principles into the project cycle management;
- Identify WATC (gender-based violence) referral systems already existing in the West Bank;
- Understand the methodology and the needs assessment tools included in the WATC developed CPA (Community-based Protection Approach);
- Support the implementation of key recommendations in terms of gender;
- Analyze the collection of gender-related data in the targeted communities target of the project;
- Support the identification of protection and gender-related problems in each target community;
- Elaborate of the balance of gender and its expected objectives;
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- University degree (minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, post-graduate degree preferred) in Gender Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Development or a similarly related field
- At least 3 years of experience in the subject area, preferably with both local and international experience, including proven experience in design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of gender projects
- Excellent knowledge of the gender context in Palestine
- Experience in research and policy analysis
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills in Arabic and English is essential
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Flexible, capable of working under pressure and against deadlines
- Impeccable presentation and strong networking skills
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team.
- An existing network of contacts in the field of gender and VAWG prevention in Palestine would be an asset
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation preferable.
Interested candidates are required to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae by email to [email protected] no later than October 14th.
Please ensue that you state the position title as the email subject.