UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women plays an innovative and catalytic role in the State of Palestine. UN Women Palestine Office focuses its activities on one overarching goal, namely, to support the implementation at the national level of existing international commitments to advance gender equality in line with the national priorities. In support of this goal, and thoroughly taking into consideration the specificities of the Palestinian context, UN Women concentrates its efforts and interventions toward the realization of following strategic goals: Mainstreaming gender in governance, peace and security; Supporting women's economic security and rights; and Promoting women’s rights and protection against violence.
In line with the Palestinian Government’s commitment to achieve gender equality and Combat Violence Against Women (VAW), and in full partnership with the Justice, Security and Social Sectors, UN Women within its joint programme with UNDP and UNICEF- “Promoting the Rule of Law in Palestine- SAWASYA II” and Shaml Programme -“ Enhancing the Protection and Reintegration of Furthest Left Behind Groups of Women and Girls Victims and Survivors of Violence” is supporting the Justice, Security and Social institutions to mainstream gender into their procedures and policies, and develop and provide gender responsive and inclusive services to women victims and survivors of violence, through providing institutional capacity building and policy level interventions amongst others.
Based on this, UN Women is planning to recruit a national consultant to provide technical and coordination support to the two programmes to ensure effective and timely implementation of interventions related to the work with the Palestinian Public Prosecution (PP), the Ministry of Social Development (MoSD) and civil society partner organizations.
Objectives of the Assignment:
The main objective of the assignment is to provide technical, coordination and logistical support to UN Women Sawasya and Shaml programmes, to ensure efficient and effective implementation of related interventions with the Palestinian Public Prosecution, the Ministry of Social Development and CSOs partners.
The specific objectives of the assignment are as per the following points:
- To develop technical documents; ToRs, concept papers, or others, related to the interventions of the two programmes with the (PP) and the (MoSD) under Sawasya II and Shaml programmes.
- To ensure effective, quality and timely implementation and closure of the interventions.
- To provide technical support to CSOs partners to ensure effective and timely implementation and closure of their projects under the two programmes.
- To provide technical support as needed to the relevant staff members at targeted institutions
- To follow up/ implement any other programmatic task as requested by the Programme Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the UN Women Special Representative in the State of Palestine, the direct supervision of UN Women Programme Specialist, and working in close cooperation and coordination with focal points at partners institutions at the Attorney General Office/ Public Prosecution, the Ministry of Social Development and CSOs partners, the selected consultant will undertake the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
1. Inception phase:
Develop an inception report that includes a detailed description of the work plan, and methodology, and share it with UN Women for review and approval, following the below tasks:
- Meet with UN Women’s technical team, and partners focal points to discuss the assignment’s objectives, methods and tools that will be used, and the main deliverables.
- Develop a methodology and a detailed work plan with a clear timeline and share with UN Women for feedback. The workplan should include the main objectives of the assignment and main deliverables.
2. Implementation phase:
- To submit a monthly plan with clear targets and milestones.
- To develop technical documents related to the interventions under her/ his capacity and share with the Programme Specialist for review and approval.
- To follow up on the implementation of the related interventions, ensuring timely completion of interventions and high-quality products.
- To support CSOs partners in the effective and efficient implementation of their projects with UN Women.
- To follow up on/implement any other task as requested and discussed with the Programme Specialist.
To submit a monthly report by the end of the first week of the following month using UN Women Reporting Template. The template will be shared with the consultant upon signing the contract.
- Monthly narrative progress report outlining and describing progress made in line with approved monthly work plan; in addition to a monthly workplan for the next month.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender,
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
- Ability to conduct needs assessment through consultation with stakeholders;
- Very strong background on gender; and inclusivity;
- Ability to manage time and meet tight deadlines;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Proven networking, organizational and communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A BA degree in Social Studies, or law or related fields. Master’s degree is considered an asset.
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in the field of gender, combatting violence against women, and women access to Justice.
- At least 2-3 years professional experience in the area of protection of women with disabilities and elderly women.
- Previous experience with UN or international organizations is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
This SSA modality is governed by UN Women General Terms and Conditions. UN Women will only be able to respond to applicants who meet the minimum requirements.
Candidates should clearly indicate how they meet the above-mentioned criteria in their applications.
The following documents should be submitted as part of the application. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials:
- UN Women P11 including experience in similar assignments; the P11 form can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment, a signed copy should be submitted.
Note: Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Please upload as one attachment of the documents as mentioned above online through this website.
Candidates should have the ability to quickly submit degree certificates, medical certification (of good health) expression of Interest (EoI).
Evaluation of applicants:
Candidates will be evaluated using a technical analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications mentioned above, writing test and interview. Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 30/50 in the desk review will be invited for technical Test. Candidates obtaining minimum 55/80 and above in the desk review and technical test will be invited for technical interview.
The passing score of the technical evaluation including the test and interview is a minimum score of 70/100.
The contract will be awarded to the highest scored candidate in both the desk review and interview.
Technical Evaluation (100%):
Desk Review 50% – (Max. 50 points)
- A BA degree in Social Studies, or law or related fields. Master’s degree is considered an asset. (max.10 points)
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in the field of gender, combatting violence against women, and women access to Justice. (max. 15 points)
- At least 2-3 years professional experience in the area of protection of women with disabilities and elderly women. (max. 20 points)
- Previous experience with UN or international organizations is an asset. (max. 5 points)
Technical Test: (Max. 30 points)
Technical interview: (Max. 20 points)
Financial Evaluation: The position has a pre-determined financial rate/offer.
Link for applying: UN WOMEN Jobs - 108248- Gender and Inclusivity Consultant (undp.org)