International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance. IMC has been working in Gaza since 2009 and is currently implementing a project to support health service provision in partnership with local NGOs.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
International Medical corps is currently looking for: GBV Case Manager Supervisor (1).
Capacity: Full Time Contract
Duration: 1 year with the potential for extension depending on available funding
Location: Gaza City.
All opportunities advertised here, and subsequent offers and recruitments are contingent on funding availability and donor approval.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
In collaboration with the GBV Coordinator and the GBV Manager, the Case Management Supervisor will be responsible for the following tasks, including the supervision of the GBV team, including the Community Outreach workers
- Regularly assess the capacity and attitudes of IMC GBV Case Managers, and develop tailored capacity building plans as needed
- Prepare an initial package of trainings for every new GBV Case Manager joining IMC team, in line with the GBV Inter Agency Case Management Guidelines
- Leading the development or adaptation of GBV Case Management training material
- Provide, in collaboration with the GBV Trainer, trainings as needed to the GBV Case Managers and other actors providing support to GBV survivors.
- Ensure regular mentoring and supervision of the GBV case management though both group discussion and individual support session
- Ensure staff care support to GBV Case Managers
- Support GBV case managers in establishing or contribute to GBV Referral Pathways, and promoting a general ethical referral of GBV survivors, in line with a survivor centered approach.
- Work constructively within a team
- Ensure ethical data collection, storage, analysis and sharing of GBV cases, and input in internal and external reports, in line with best practices.
- Develop, implement, and promote effective team communication techniques and systems, including regular senior staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Mobilize stakeholders to participate in GBV case management coordination meetings.
- Promote a survivor centered approach in all internal and external coordination meetings.
- Represents IMC in all relevant meetings to address issues of survivor access to services.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Social Work or related fields (BA or Masters)
- Minimum 5 years in the field of social work.
- Good understanding of Protection principles, must demonstrate survivor- centred, respectful attitudes and a strong believe in gender equality
- Good understanding of survivor cantered approach
- Previous experience working with GBV survivors
- Previous training and mentoring experience
- Knowledge of, respect and empathy for the communities we are working with
- Commitment to championing survivors and community points of view
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with program participants, local officials, partners and all levels of staff
- Fluency in Arabic is required, fluency in English is desirable
How to apply.
- Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to fill the application in the link below no later than April 16, 2022.
- CVs and Cover Letter must be submitted in English.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.