Job Title: Gaza Office Manager
Contract Duration: 12 months
The Palestine Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of “Gaza Office Manager”.
Overview on PITA
Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies – PITA is the voice of the ICT sector in Palestine. It has more than 150 member companies working in different ICT sectors such as software and outsourcing sector, hardware sector, training and consultancy sector, Internet and telecommunications sectors.
PITA is the reference and representative association of private ICT sector. PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs as a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. A new generation of forward-thinking entrepreneurs with a heritage that takes them back thousands of years in history is bringing together profound change to the technology and startup landscape. Having the vision towards “A nation nurturing innovation and contributing to world knowledge” and the mission “To lead the ICT sector towards an innovation-based economy”.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1-Manage all accounting and financial activities.
- Conduct fundraisers plans and oversee campaigns and events to raise money and other kinds of donations for PITA.
- Prepare and submit the required periodic and non-periodic reports.
- Prepare the organization's annual plans and supervising the design and implementation of the organization's plans (strategic - operational).
- Ensure the administrative and financial tasks are implemented in accordance to the internal procedures.
2- Manage all human resources and administrative activities.
- Ensure sound practices regarding the human resources, including job descriptions, contracts, benefits and rights guarantees, and conducting performance evaluations according to the applicable system.
- General supervision of the application of the administrative and financial systems of the institution and work on solving work problems.
- Identify the needs of staffing, orientation, and training, in addition to evaluating all members of the organization, including paid staff, consultants, and volunteers.
- Continuously endeavor to develop work mechanisms.
3- Ensuring that financial internal controls are sufficient and best prepared.
- Supervise the preparation of project’s financial proposals in cooperation with the project managers in the institution.
- Conduct an evaluation of all completed projects as well as various jobs and activities.
- Set the estimated budget for the institution.
4- Recommend and apply best practice methodology to accomplish project administration and overall goals.
- Supervise PITA and its employees, and following up with the implementation and completion of the various plans, programs and tasks.
- Represent and highlighting PITA’s philosophy in various agencies and organizations, in the media, and to local and international audience.
- Supervise the various work programs with partner and funding institutions and following up on these programs during implementation.
- Announce and promoting the Corporation's activities, programs, achievements and objectives, including ensuring the issuance of high-quality, transparent publications regarding the Corporation's activities and financial aspects.
- Manage and represent PITA in subcommittees for various sectors.
- Ensure the board of directors is fully aware of the institution's conditions and all the important factors affecting it.
5- Perform any other tasks assigned by the General Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Public Administration, Operations Management, Office Management, Human Resources Management or any other related field.
- At least three years of practical experience in related fields.
- Effective communication and writing in Arabic and English.
- High skills in writing official letters in Arabic and English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a highly diverse team.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of all Microsoft programs (Excel, MS Word, Power Point), in addition to experience in using Internet applications.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, under pressure, adherence to time and deadlines, in addition to following up on all work details.
- A high degree of commitment, integrity, and professionalism in handling sensitive information.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English). Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] no later than Wednesday. September 22nd, 2021 at 4.00 pm.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.