Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation (BASR) is a non-profit, non-government organization that is nationally recognized for the comprehensive specialized inclusive health, rehabilitation and development programs and services rendered to the Palestinian population, particularly persons with disabilities, through its varied center based, outreach and community based programs. For further information about BASR, please visit: www.basr.org
BASR is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Accountable To: CBR Program Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Prepare and update a fundraising strategy, identifying objectives and partners to reach annual targets.
- Writing and presenting proposals
- Working towards raising funds for BASR activities
- Develop and maintain an updated profile of BASR’s work and achievements.
- Develop, manage, and update a system for maintaining donor contact information, and deadlines for potential call for grants and funding opportunities.
- Determine funding needs and do the necessary need assessment, through communication with all relevant units, departments and programs at BASR.
- Identify funding sources and calls for proposals.
- Develop and prepare funding proposals in compliance with BASR’s strategies and needs, and support the CBR program in fundraising.
- Track grant application process, and provide feedback on questions and comments raised, in close communication with program director.
- Identify and develop new fundraising activities and events.
- Engage, develop and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders in order to promote local fundraising.
- Support the implementation of grants and projects as needed, which could include progress reporting, coordination, and administrative tasks, etc.
Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, disability studies, development studies, Human Rights Studies, or relevant fields.
Proven experience in community work and Rehabilitation sector at least 5 years.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good understanding and commitment to the objectives and values of the organization and a capacity to represent BASR's views as required.
- Good understanding of the social model of disability.
- Demonstrated understanding of the range of issues facing people with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be inclusive and diplomatic.
- Well-developed people and interpersonal skills with the capacity to relate to a wide range of people.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a range of tasks, plan workloads and work to deadlines.
- High-level facilitation and presentation skills.
- Capacity of strategic thinking, leadership and decision-making.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to produce high quality reports and proposals in both Arabic and English.
- A strong sense of diplomacy, sociability and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally with groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office systems and procedures, including well-developed computer skills, particularly MS Office and internet.
- Willingness to work in an NGO environment and understand its values.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work under pressure in a conscientious and organized manner.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to drive
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV by email to [email protected] no later than September 20, 2021. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.