Job Vacancy – Part Time (Four Months)
Fund development and Communications Assistant
SOS Children’s Villages take action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine seeks to recruit part time employee:
Position: Fund Development and Communications Assistant (FDC Assistant)
Position summary: The Fund Development and Communications (FDC) Assistant supports the Director of FDC in pursuing fundraising opportunities in Palestine to cover the Member Association’s running costs and investments from private, corporate and public sector donations. He/she supports the implementation of the FDC strategy as reflected in the business plans of the Member Association and publicly communicate the mission and the achievements of SOS Children’s Villages.
Location: National Office, Bethlehem
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Defines, implements, and fulfills annual communications strategy with actions and measures in accordance with annual FDC strategy, including online and offline communications.
- Writes and creates all online and offline content, advertising material, proposals and reports.
- Drives innovation in Individual giving, increasing the number of individual donors and donations to SOS by overseeing products, channels, target groups, database solutions, etc.
- Builds relationships with current donors by implementing donor services, such as phone calls, thank you letters, newsletters, annual reports, events, and maintaining database of donors.
- Supports Director of FDC in corporate fundraising including, but not limited to, writing proposals and reports, organizing events, and conducting meetings.
- Aims to strengthen brand awareness, credibility and acceptance with the overall goal to support fundraising activities.
- Support Director of FDC in other fundraising related tasks.
- University degree in Business, Marketing, graphic design, or related field
- At least 1-year experience in the field of Fundraising
- Arabic mother tongue, excellent Arabic writing skills, preferred English writing skills.
- Experience in sales and marketing including, but not limited to,
- online marketing (website, email, social media)
- content creation (photos, videos, text)
- face-to-face sales
- Experience in using CRM or database solutions.
- Knowledge of business community in Palestine.
- Ability t think strategically and create annual marketing strategies.
- Experience in graphic design desirable
- Energetic and friendly personality, professional attitude, team player, and openness to learning best fundraising practices.
Interested candidates must send their CV and cover letter with three traceable references to: [email protected] by 26th March 2018.
Indicate in the subject line: FDC Assistant
Only short listed candidates will be contacted