Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
FSL Project Officer - Agronomist
For a period of 12 months
The agronomist will support the Food Security and Livelihoods Department in ensuring quality implementation of rehabilitation and improvement of agricultural infrastructures as well as technical support to small holder farmers to enhance their production. The FSL Project Agronomist will collaborate closely with the Engineer and Head of Project in the planning and implementation of the interventions, while contributing to the capitalization of experiences and to the department strategy
Tasks and responsibilities:
Planning and Implementation of agricultural livelihoods activities in collaboration with other FSL team members:
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, supervision and follow up of rehabilitation of agriculture infrastructure and technical support to agribusiness in coordination with team and in collaboration with the head of project.
- Responsible to draft budget activities forecast reporting to head of project.
- Provide technical inputs and review of BoQs for inputs and materials for rehabilitation and agribusiness development
- Lead infrastructure and farmers selection process with Engineer guided by head of project
- Prepare project documents (including announcement, rights holders’ application, attendance sheets, rights holders’ agreements, MEAL tools, etc.)
- Participate in preparing ToRs for technical trainings and assessments and coordinate with external service providers to deliver specific trainings and assessments.
- Assist heads of project maintaining rights holder’s database with up-to-date information and tracking of rights holders’ progress and challenges.
- Assist in preparing monitoring plans and implementation procedures for each activity according to department SoPs.
- Conduct regular field visits to the project sites to follow up the implementation and provide the needed technical support.
- Propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress.
Livelihoods Interventions Development:
- Support the Business Coach, HoP and Economic Development Officer in identifying key stakeholders for agribusiness partnerships and to manage the relationships with the pertinent stakeholders and actors.
- Liaise and network with private sector entities and other relevant actors to enhance rights holders’ market linkages opportunities
- Support implementation of FSL strategy on emergency and long-term agricultural livelihoods interventions
- Maintain active collaboration and coordination with partners in relevant activities, supporting in definition of methodologies and SOPs
Contribute to knowledge management process on agricultural livelihoods data within the FSL department:
- Reporting of field activities to the Head of Project (data entry, materials delivered, work achieved, rights holders’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly "Activity Progress Reports" (APRs) and submit to the Head of Project
- Participate in the preparation and collection of data for communication, advocacy and capitalization purposes (case studies, etc)
- Contribute to the drafting of relevant methodologies and SOPs in the FSL department
- Conduct the needed data collection in collaboration with MEAL department
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the capitalization process of the final products that are generated from the project: manuals, guides, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Agri-business, Agricultural engineering.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural field is a plus
- Deep knowledge of agriculture in Gaza in different value chain, including climate-smart techniques and technologies, extension services and agricultural training.
- Sound understanding of project cycle in humanitarian and development context.
- Familiarity with the concept of social business
- Minimum 5 years field experience in implementing, monitoring, and supervising Agricultural infrastructure rehabilitation, training and extension services to farmers
- Experience in implementing economic empowerment initiatives, including agri-business and livelihoods projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge in humanitarian/emergency and/or recovery and development programming is a plus.
- Team spirit and focused on improving team’s knowledge and perspective.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English
- Very good knowledge in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
CV submitted shall be in English.
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 29/03/2022.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.