Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
FSL Project Assistant
For a period of 12 months pending funding approval
In the framework of food security and livelihoods programming to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip, the Food Security and Livelihood Project Assistant will support the Food Security and Livelihoods department in ensuring quality implementation of all department’s activities through support in planning and field presence. The FSL Project Assistant will report mainly to FSL Project Officers to support planning and organization of community mobilizers planning, preparation of projects’ documents and follow up of field activities. He/she will collaborate fully with the Project Officers in planning and following up field work carried by community mobilizers for all FSL activities, support preparation of procurement requests, project documents, and archiving of all project’s documents. follow up field activities upon priorities to report on quality and identified bottle necks reporting directly to project officers.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Planning and Implementation of FSL activities supporting FSL Project Officer
- Responsible for the planning and supervision of community mobilizers within projects’ activities in coordination with Project Officer
- Ensure field work complies with project working plan and timeframe.
- Compile and regularly communication received by community mobilizers from participants’ activities and report to Project Officer for follow up and action
- Prepare project documents (including procurement requests, payment request, attendance sheets, etc.)
- Coordinate with logistics and finance departments for the organization and implementation of project activities.
- Assist project officer in establishing/maintaining beneficiary database with up-to-date information and tracking of beneficiaries’ progress and challenges.
- Cross check the beneficiary list to avoid duplications.
- Conduct regular field visits to the project sites to follow up the implementation and provide the needed support.
- Propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress.
- Additional tasks may be requested from the employee within the scope of the project framework
Livelihoods Interventions Development
- Support the supervision of FSL projects’ activities implemented within partner’s premises for quality and report and encountered challenge to project officer
- Support implementation of FSL strategy on emergency and long-term agricultural and livelihoods interventions
- Support organisation of the meetings, trainings and awareness sessions with the beneficiaries, and in collaboration with local partners.
Contribute to knowledge management process of data within the FSL department
- Reporting of field activities to Project Officers (data entry, materials delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly "Activity Progress Reports" (APRs)
- Participate in the preparation and collection of data for communication, advocacy and capitalization purposes (case studies, etc) with community mobilizers in coordination with the MEAL department and MEAL enumerators
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the capitalization process of the final products that are generated from the project: manuals, guides, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public administration, economic or related fields.….
- Knowledge of food security, livelihoods and economic empowerment initiatives.
- Understanding of project cycle in humanitarian and development context.
- Minimum 2 years field experience in planning and following up implementation of emergency and livelihoods interventions in the Gaza Strip
- Knowledge in humanitarian/emergency and/or development programming is a plus.
- Strong planning skills knowing how to organize among competing priorities.
- Experience working with multiple teams and more than one focal point.
- Team spirit and great flexibility.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and intermediate level in English.
- Very good knowledge in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
From 56,364 ILS to 65,820 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 09/10/2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.