Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
FSL Project Assistant
For a period of 5 months commencing upon signature of the project contract
In the framework of food security and livelihoods programming to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip, the project assistant will support Head of Project and Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager in the implementation, monitoring and field evaluation of projects. He/she will collaborate fully in providing technical support to farmers, livestock breeders and home-gardens owners to restore and improve their livelihood and food security, supervising the fieldwork, sharing feedback on project progress, assisting in preparing project technical guiding documents, supporting in data collection, working closely with the team, including procurement and finance department to initiate and support procurement activities, maintaining a good line of communications with the local communities and other partners and providing recommendations for improvements in any of the matters listed above.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Implementation of Activities:
- Supervise the daily field activities in coordination with the local partners and report on progress and any challenges encountered to the Head of Project.
- Conduct regular field visits to coordinate, implement and monitor agriculture activities, and collect data in accordance with the project’s needs.
- Participate in beneficiary identification process, assure the crosschecking, and establish and/or update beneficiary database.
- Prepare project documents including project announcement, beneficiary Applications, baseline questionnaires, receipts, attendance sheets.
- Provide technical advice for the agricultural project beneficiaries.
- To be fully engaged in the technical part of the project including but not limited to the design, preparing technical specification and Bill of Quantities, checking materials, and producing technical reports under the Head of Project supervision.
- Support organization of the meetings, trainings and awareness sessions with the beneficiaries, and in collaboration with local partners.
- Assist in the preparation of time schedules and ensure field work complies with project working plan and timeframe under the supervision of the Head of Project.
- Maintain and file project documents and correspondence.
Training and Capacity Building :
- Participate in distributing daily tasks to the social workers.
- Supervise the daily work by the social workers and data collection process in the field.
Participation in Needs Assessments and Capitalisation Exercises:
- Collect and update context information and household vulnerabilities to support development of the departmental strategy.
- Ensure logistical preparations with LOG, MEAL departments and local partners for needs assessments activities
- Daily reporting of field activities to the Head of Project (material delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reports requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly "Activity Progress Reports" (APRs) and submit them to the Head of Project.
- Participate in the preparation and the collection of data for communication purposes (case studies....)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy or agricultural economics.
- Past experience in plant and animal production, irrigation systems, and agricultural practices.
- Proven relevant field experience in food security and livelihoods interventions in the Gaza Strip
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the agriculture sector, preferably with experience working with NGOs.
- Experience in assessing technical needs, supervising agricultural interventions and providing extension services to vegetables farmers and small-scale livestock breeders.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work and values, excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions, including cash for work.
- Good in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 06/12/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.
For Applicants previously applied, please do not re-send your application.