Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
FSL Project Assistant
For a period of 5 months commencing upon signature of the project contract
In the framework of food security and livelihoods programming to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip, the project assistant will support Head of Project and Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager in the implementation, monitoring and field evaluation of projects. He/She will collaborate fully in planning, overseeing and guiding the development and implementation of the project interventions, providing technical support to farmers, livestock breeders and home-gardens owners to restore and improve their livelihood and food security applying integrated farming methods, supervising the fieldwork, sharing feedback on project progress, assisting in preparing project technical guiding documents, supporting in data collection, analysing monitoring data and translate those in concrete recommendations, working closely with the business coach team, including procurement and finance department to initiate and support procurement activities, maintaining a good line of communications with the local communities and other partners and providing recommendations for improvements in any of the matters listed above.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Implementation of Activities:
- Supervise the daily field activities in coordination with the local partners and report on progress and any challenges encountered to the Head of Project.
- Conduct regular field visits to coordinate, implement and monitor agriculture activities, and collect data in accordance with the project’s needs.
- Participate in beneficiary identification process, preparing project documents, assure the crosschecking, and establish and/or update beneficiary database.
- Prepare project documents including project announcement, beneficiary Applications, baseline questionnaires, receipts, attendance sheets.
- Identify needs of the community or target groups of agriculture project(s) and provide technical advice for the agricultural project beneficiaries.
- To be fully engaged in the technical part of the project including but not limited to the design, preparing technical specification and Bill of Quantities, checking materials, and producing technical reports under the Head of Project supervision.
- Support organization of the meetings, trainings and awareness sessions with the beneficiaries, and in collaboration with local partners.
- Assist in the preparation of time schedules and ensure field work complies with project working plan and timeframe under the supervision of the Head of Project.
- Propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress.
- Assist local partners in report writing to ensure quality and compliance with donor requirements.
- Assist in preparing monitoring plans and implementation procedures for each activity.
- Maintain and file project documents and correspondence.
- Coordinate with other project staff to cross check the beneficiary list and avoid duplications, establish and/or update beneficiary database
- Additional tasks may be requested from the employee within the scope of the project framework.
Training and Capacity Building :
- Participate in distributing daily tasks to the social workers.
- Supervise the daily work by the social workers and data collection process in the field.
- Collect the completed questionnaires from the field on a daily basis.
Participation in Needs Assessments and Capitalisation Exercises:
- Collect and update context information and household vulnerabilities to support development of the departmental strategy.
- Participate in the elaboration of the defined capitalization process in the final products that are generated from the project: need assessment reports, manuals, guides, etc.
- Ensure logistical preparations with LOG, MEAL departments and local partners for needs assessments activities
- Participate in the planning of capitalization process of project outcomes.
- Daily reporting of field activities to the Head of Project (material delivered, work achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reports requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly "Activity Progress Reports" (APRs) and submit them to the Head of Project.
- Participate in the preparation and the collection of data for communication purposes (case studies....)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy or agricultural economics.
- Past experience in plant and animal production, plant protection, irrigation systems, agroecological practices and innovative practices in natural resources management
- Proven relevant field experience in food security and livelihoods interventions in the Gaza Strip
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the agriculture sector, supervising agricultural projects with farmers and cooperatives, preferably with experience working with NGOs.
- Experience in assessing technical needs, training, supervising and providing extension services to vegetables farmers, small scale livestock breeders and mixed farming households.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work and values.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communications skills.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions, including cash for work.
- Knowledge of humanitarian or emergency or development programming is a plus.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 16/11/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.