Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
FSL Engineer Officer
For a period of 12 months
The overall responsibility is to support the Recovery Head of Project to execute and follow up the Action Against Hunger rehabilitation activities in the agriculture sector as part of the early recovery intervention. This includes the filed assessments, data collection, rights holders’ identifications, coordination with relevant stakeholders, including direct partners, activity implementation and reporting.
The FSL engineer is responsible for the project component implementation and the achievement of its objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Implementation of the projects’ activities
- Ensure the effective implementation of the activities defined the Head of Project (including beneficiary identification and cross checking, monitoring data collection and analysis);
- Schedule activities according to the project’s implementation.
- Support MEAL department to develop appropriate questionnaires and survey documents if needed.
- Support the HoP with financial and logistical follow-up if needed
- Propose solutions or improvements to achieve better performance of FSL projects
- Identify, anticipate and inform the Head of Project of any problems or constraints observed in the field.
- Ensure the timely drafting of reports in coordination the Head of Project.
- Coordinate FSL rehabilitation activities with the key stakeholders (partners, MoA, PWA, FS Cluster and municipalities)
- Follow up field works and reporting to the Recovery Head of Project
- Supervise the distribution of humanitarian aid at distribution locations, as required.
- Participate in all meetings organized by FSL PM for the team or the base meeting organized by the Head of Base.
- Analyze and build on experiences in order to share lessons learned, and if required, propose new directions for FSL projects and programs.
- Prepare the daily and/or weekly reporting of field activities and monthly data update to the Head of Project as input to the APR.
- Provide support and information to the Head of Project in completing and finalizing the interim and final reports to the donors.
- Technical review of baseline/end line reports, studies and assessment reports conducted by the MEAL team.
- In charge of the project’s activities archiving.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering with background in the agriculture sector, agricultural engineer or agronomist.
- Knowledge of agriculture sector rehabilitation, rehabilitation and construction works of infrastructures networks (water ponds, solar energy systems, water agriculture wells, etc.).
- At least three years’ experience in humanitarian and development programming, strong preference for experience in the agriculture support sector.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, and follow up agriculture interventions related to the community infrastructure systems and small holder farmers’ productivity.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Knowledge of Cluster bodies and coordination mechanisms.
- Good reporting skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ACAD, Teams and outlook software required.
- Knowledge in GIS considered a plus
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
From 68,580 ILS to 81,204 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 23/01/2022.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.