Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
FSL Business Trainer and Coach
For a period of 12 months with possibility of extension
In the frame of Action Against Hunger programming in the Gaza Strip, the Business Trainer and Coach will support the Food Security and Livelihoods Head of Project and Project Officer in the implementation and monitoring of Action Against Hunger livelihoods projects in the Gaza Strip, especially those supporting income generation, business and entrepreneurship. In particular, the Business Trainer and Coach will fully collaborate in selecting income generating activities (IGAs), business and enterprise development projects’ participants, based on their background, abilities, business ideas and motivation. Based on Action Against Hunger business and life skills coaching methodology, to train and coach groups of participants on business development and life skills for them to acquire those personal and professional skills essential to start an entrepreneurial initiative. The business trainer and coach will also encourage networking among projects’ participants, stakeholders (such as CBOs, cooperatives and local partners), and with the private sector.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Implementation of project activities:
- Define, in coordination with the FSL team, the activities work plan related to the support to the IGA and businesses according to the projects’ objectives.
- Participate in the selection process for project’s beneficiaries’ selection
- Carry out group and individual coaching sessions and provide training according to the established methodology to training participants, IGAs and businesses for beneficiaries’ personal and technical development
- Create synergies among the different project and activities implemented in the same area, promoting networking and exchange among beneficiaries, partners, CBOs, cooperatives and other relevant actors
- Prepare and update beneficiary files for each participant under the supervision of the project officer and in line with data quality standards
- Regularly monitor the performance of the supported income generating activities, businesses, enterprises through conducting regular field visits to the project sites
- Any other tasks required by the FSL Head of Project, as per the needs of the projects.
- Contribute to the elaboration of training materials for coaching and mentorship activities
- Propose solutions and improvements relating to project progress
Reporting and Learning
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly "Activity Progress Reports" (APRs) submitting inputs to the FSL Head of Project.
- In coordination with the FSL Head of Project and with the MEAL department, follow up on the data entry of collected data.
- Participate in the preparation and collection of data and information for communication, advocacy and capitalization purposes (case studies, etc)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Knowledge of livelihoods programming, with focus on Income Generating Activities, entrepreneurship and business development in the Gaza Strip
- Knowledge of business plans (business ideation, financial, marketing planning) development is a requirement
- Knowledge of coaching, and mentoring techniques and tools, such as business model (lean) canvas, empathy map, value map, etc.
- Proven field experience in similar positions, within NGOs or UN agencies, in the Gaza Strip of minimum 2 years
- Experience as personal / motivational coach/mentor, preferably with heterogeneous groups of people with gender sensitive approach of minimum 1 year, experience in the private sector is an asset.
- Strong facilitation skills, including solid interpersonal communication skills – knowing how to adapt content according to audience
- Arabic compulsory, intermediate level of English required with good reporting writing skills in English.
- Very good knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
From 56,364 ILS to 65,820 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 08/09/2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.