Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Business Trainer and Coach
For 6 months
In the frame of Action Against Hunger programming in the Gaza Strip, the Business Trainer and Coach will support the Food Security and Livelihoods Head of Project and Project Officer in the implementation and monitoring of Action Against Hunger livelihoods projects in the Gaza Strip, especially those supporting income generation, business and entrepreneurship. In particular, the Business Trainer and Coach will fully collaborate with the Project Officer in select income generating activities (IGAs), business and enterprise development projects’ participants, based on their background, abilities, business ideas and motivation. Based on Action Against Hunger business and life skills coaching methodology, to coach groups of participants on business development and life skills for them to acquire those personal and professional skills essential to start an entrepreneurial initiative. He/she will assist, oversee and guide IGAs, business and enterprise development beneficiaries in developing business ideas – including innovation as deem appropriate – and setting clear objectives for their entrepreneurial initiative and support IGAs, business and enterprise development beneficiaries in accessing the resources needed to operate a successful entrepreneurial initiative, and in identifying appropriate solutions to business constraints. The business trainer and coach will also encourage and motivate the IGAs, business and enterprise development beneficiaries, building or strengthening their sense of self-worth and confidence and encourage networking among projects’ participants, stakeholders (such as CBOs, cooperatives and local partners), and with the private sector.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Implementation of project activities:
- Define, in coordination with the project officer, the activities work plan related to the support to the IGA / businesses / enterprises / cooperatives / CBOs according to the projects’ needs.
- Define and manage alliances with relevant stakeholders and actors, including partners, CBOs, cooperatives and private sector as per projects’ needs.
- In coordination with the project officer, monitor the activities implemented by the partners, ensuring quality and compliance with signed agreements. Report any inconsistency or issue detected.
- Carry out group and individual coaching sessions and provide training according to the established methodology to IGA, business and enterprise development projects’ beneficiaries: evaluation of the entrepreneurial profile and development of technical and soft skills.
- Create synergies among the different project and activities implemented in the same area, promoting networking and exchange among beneficiaries, partners, CBOs, cooperatives and other relevant actors
- Assist in the preparation of time schedules for implementation of activities in the field and in the development of any needed planning, monitoring and survey tools.
- Propose solutions and improvements related to project progress.
- Prepare and update beneficiary files for each IGA, business and enterprise development beneficiary category, ensuring proper archiving of all related documents, in coordination and collaboration with the Project Officer.
- Assist in preparing work and monitoring plans, as well as SOPs for activities implementation as per the request of the project management.
- Assist in preparing technical supporting document templates - such as beneficiary applications, agreements, business plans, follow up sheets, attendance sheets, informed consent forms, field visits reports etc – and ensure that technical supporting documents are duly signed and archived, in line with data protection rules and regulations, in coordination and collaboration with the Project Officer.
- Participate in the data collection for project activity evaluation and / or for communication purposes under the supervision of the Project Officer.
- Regularly monitor the performance of the supported income generating activities, businesses, enterprises through conducting regular field visits to the project sites and provide technical and financial advices as needed, and report accordingly to the Project Officer and the Head of Project.
Training and capacity building:
- Capacity building of internal/new relevant staff, partners, CBOs, cooperatives and IGA, business and enterprise development projects beneficiaries participating in the action, as per the needs
- Elaborate all training materials and work methodology to carry out coaching and mentorship activities.
Participation in needs assessments and capitalisation exercises:
- Regularly gather and share with the management information from other NGOs, institutions, local authorities, partners, CBOs, cooperatives and other key stakeholders with respect to food security and livelihoods in the Gaza Strip.
- Regularly collect and share with the management relevant information on Gaza Strip general context and households’ vulnerabilities in order to feed the strategy of the department.
- Regularly analyse and update project implementation needs, including HR, financing, and logistics.
- Analyse and build on field experiences in order to share lessons learned in a proactive way.
- Maintain and promote relations with coordination bodies, local authorities, partners, CBOs, beneficiaries and other external stakeholders related to Action Against Hunger activities; these activities to be conducted under the supervision, and in collaboration and coordination with the Head of Project and the Program Manager.
- Support in the supervision of the daily work / data collection of social workers in the field, in coordination with the Project Officer.
- Collect completed questionnaires and/or any other document from the field on a daily basis, and properly archive it in coordination with the Project Officer and MEAL department.
- In coordination with the Project Officer and with the MEAL department, follow up on the data entry of collected data.
Reporting and Learning – Communication:
- Daily reporting of field activities to the Project Officer (materials delivered, results achieved, beneficiaries’ attendance, obstacles and constraints) taking into consideration reporting requirements and monitoring and/or evaluation tools and indicators. Submit weekly reports to the Project Officer and the Head of Project including achievements per project and planning for the following week.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly "Activity Progress Reports" (APRs) submitting inputs to the Project Officer and the Head of Project.
- Participate in the preparation and collection of data and information for communication, advocacy and capitalization purposes (case studies, etc)
- Assist in developing success stories and case studies.
- Leveraging on awareness and communication techniques, proactively support visibility and awareness activities of Action Against Hunger oPt mission and Gaza base.
Safety and security
- Adhere to the Mission Reporting system and submit the reports requested on-time.
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with the FSL Head of Project / Base Logistician for any security issues related to work.
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to FSL Head of Project / Base Logistician.
- Ensure the respect and compliance of the mission security rules by the social workers.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, or Business Administration. Postgraduate in Entrepreneurship, Business management, Marketing and Sales is a strong advantage; Communications and / or Human Resources is an asset.
- Knowledge of livelihoods programming, with focus on Income Generating Activities, entrepreneurship and business development.
- Knowledge of business and entrepreneurship environment in the Gaza Strip.
- Knowledge of business plans development is a requirement.
- Knowledge of coaching, and mentoring techniques and tools, such as lean, canvas, empathy map, value map, etc, is a strong advantage.
- Good report writing skills is an asset.
- Proven field experience in similar positions, within INGOs or UN agencies, in the Gaza Strip a strong advantage.
- Experience as personal / motivational coach/mentor, preferably with heterogeneous groups of people.
- Experience in working with people at risk of social exclusion and/or with disadvantaged communities.
- Past experience in the business sector is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the humanitarian principles preferred.
- Exposure and experience with INGOs in recovery and / or development preferred.
- Additional experience in dealing / closely working with beneficiaries is preferred.
- Worked with Action Against Hunger network will be an advantage.
- Arabic compulsory, at least pre-intermediate level of English required.
- Very Good knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Frequent travels to project sites across the Gaza Strip.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 04/11/2019.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.
For Applicants previously applied, please do not re-send your application.