Deutsche Welle Akademie would like to broaden their trainer base in Palestine and is looking for motivated, methodologically skilled and experienced freelance trainers working in the intersection of social media, digital campaigning and media and information literacy.
Deutsche Welle Akademie, in the framework of its mandate, works to develop media and media systems internationally, where an integral part of its programmes aims to work together with civil society in the field of media and information literacy.
DW Akademie is Deutsche Welle's centre for international media development, journalism training and knowledge transfer. DW Akademie is active in approximately 50 countries worldwide, funded by the German Ministry for Economic Development (BMZ), Germany’s Foreign Office or the EU among others.
DW Akademie's projects support civil society organizations and strengthening of media literacy (Media and Information Literacy/MIL) with a focus on digital security, privacy and combating gender-based violence in the West Bank and Gaza.
Roles and responsibilities of the Trainer
Between September and December 2021, DW Akademie aims to implement 3-5 day training sessions on the following topics:
- Digital advocacy and campaign strategies for civil society organizations, with a focus on social media.
- Social media in educational projects, with a focus on media and information literacy.
- Online community management for different social media platforms.
- Integrating websites and social media strategies and developing digital content.
The freelance trainer will be responsible to implement the following tasks within the agreed upon timeframe to be specified in the contract. They will also work in close coordination with the project team and DW Akademie’s experienced trainers.
The trainer will:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in proposed topic(s).
- Enthusiastic about delivery and the development of others.
- The ability to work autonomously and as a team.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in conducting training sessions, on the chosen topic.
- Knowledge of the media development sector in Palestine.
- Experience on building capacities, with a sound understanding of the complete training cycle (including preparation and follow-up phases). Additional experience in online and blended-learning methodologies is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including experience of facilitation of training sessions and workshops.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Arabic and good communication and writing skills in English.
Evaluation and Selection Process
This application is open to trainers who are specialized in conducting trainings and are available and willing to attend an online introduction workshop on DW Akademie’s training principles and methods and to work with the guidance of the DW Akademie project team and our experienced trainers.
Besides implementing the training sessions on topics indicated above in an agreed-on timeframe, the selected trainers will be added to DW Akademie’s trainer pool – locally and regionally and upon availability will be responsible in conducting training sessions on the topics outlined above in cooperation with DW Akademie.
If possible (depending on health and safety regulations), the trainings will be conducted in person with a group of trainees designated by DW Akademie and our partner organisations.
Deadline and submission of expression of interest
We look forward to receiving your application - expression of interest (EoI), which should include the following materials:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) outlining relevant qualifications and experience.
- A cover letter (1-2 pages max) that includes a brief description of 1-3 relevant topics you are an expert in and outlining your experience in face-to-face, online, and blended-learning methodologies.
- Optional - an example of similar pieces of work completed recently.
DW Akademie invites interested trainers to submit the documents by September 3rd 2021 via the following email: [email protected]
For further information