Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Project Officer
For a period of six months with possibility of renewal
The Candidate will:
- Facilitate introductory meetings to be held with the community, village councils, local committees, cooperatives and project personnel.
- Participate in the design and implementation of food security assessments and project identification studies.
- Define vulnerability characteristics, identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations and propose responses to these needs.
- Participate in information gathering from other NGOs, institutions, ministries, and local partners about the FSL situation in West Bank Governorates.
- Follow up the provision of materials with end beneficiaries and suppliers through signed receipts/handover.
- Check quality assurance of the materials distributed in coordination with logistics.
- Lead the final definition of each business plan budget.
- Prepare monthly treasury forecast for the project's procurements.
- Manage and submit all payments to line manager.
- Contribute to the planning, preparations, and management of various procurement activities.
- Liaise with local partners' staff and line ministries’ staff for the coordination and execution of activities.
- Ensure the efficient delivery of project's outputs (results).
- Monitor project through periodic visits and provide relevant professional advice to the Head of Project as appropriate.
- Collect the baseline\ endline data for monitoring of results and objectives indicators using different sources of data.
- Ensure field work complies with project timeframe, identify challenges and propose timely corrective actions and alternatives.
- Ensure the quality control procedures are applied to project's inputs.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor degree in economics, business administration, or related fields
- Knowledge in Food Security and Livelihoods, and specifically in income generation projects for female headed households,
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience preferably in development projects.
- Excellent knowledge of poverty context in the West Bank.
- Proven good technical expertise in the income generation and economic feasibility analyses.
- Analytical thinking skills and ability to influence others.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Team worker.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Ability to work in complex environments with challenges.
- Reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Good knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Ability to travel in West Bank and stay overnight
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to [email protected]
Applicants who applied for the first time will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 18th July 2018.
PLEASE indicate the reference FPO/TTPP/18/13 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.