Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office one
Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Program Manager
For an initial period of 6 months, renewable
The Candidate will:
- Analyze the activities in the livestock and agricultural sectors with cooperatives and other relevant stakeholders.
- Proactive participation in the implementation and revision of Action Against Hunger food security strategy and contingency planning ensuring coherence with Action Against Hunger technical policies, position papers, modules and protocols.
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review, and per internal or external assessment or studies.
- Develop methodology, tools and guides to integrate in the strategy and programming for an integrated approach between FSL and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
- Propose and follow up relevant research studies, assessment in Food Security & Livelihoods relating to the Action Against Hunger strategy
- Develop food security and livelihoods concept notes, proposals and program in coordination with WASH, administration and logistics departments
- Define program implementation approaches, techniques, modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization).
- Analyze the appropriateness, adequacy and potential impact of all interventions based on an ongoing analysis of the context in the areas of operations and beneficiary needs.
- Identify program constraints and problems during implementation (planning, timeframe, expected achievements), propose solutions and implement after validation by line managers
- Develop an adequate monitoring and evaluation plan linked with the relevant program / project objectives and indicators and ensure that all information and experience in the field and during the implementation of the program is documented and stored appropriately, and methods for the sharing of such knowledge are utilized.
- Monitor projects expenditures against the approved budgets with the FSL team, Admin and Logistics Department in order to explain or revise significant variances.
- Develop and Supervise a partnerships strategy implementation.
- Support field staffs in establishing appropriate partnerships for each project or activity within the sector and define clear roles and responsibilities for each party involved
- Contribute to the definition of the FSL Department in West Bank according to the strategy approved
- Provide technical and conceptual leadership to the team, and ensures that a high quality of implementation is maintained
- Participate in the recruitment and training of field officers, social workers and new members of the West Bank Food Security & Livelihoods team
- Ensure that all projects and activities within the relevant sector are consistent with the geographical and oPt strategy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- University degree in agriculture sociology, economics, anthropology, geography or related studies
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in Food Security and Livelihoods programming both in international or national NGOs.
- Excellent knowledge in Livelihoods program design and implementation. Knowledge of agriculture, livestock, value chain development and / or cooperatives management would be an asset.
- Demonstrable experience in Project Cycle Management including budget preparation
- Familiarity with international donors’ procedures.
- Ability to write donor reports and proposals in English.
- Experience of humanitarian or emergency programming.
- Experience of Monitoring and Evaluation of programs/ activities is a plus.
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work and values
- Training and capacity building experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to propose innovative solutions.
- Diplomatic and tactful, positive and solution oriented, professional and transparent.
- Team spirit and excellent communication skills.
- Organized and self-motivating.
- Experience in team management and conflict resolution
- Able to understand and work in a complex political context such as West Bank.
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Ability to travel in West Bank and stay overnight
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and their updated CV including at least two professional references covering the last two supervisors for their last two jobs to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 28th July 2018.
PLEASE indicate the reference FSPM/TTPP/18/14 in all correspondence.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.