Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Food Security and Livelihoods Head of Project
For a period of 12 months commencing upon signature of the project contract
In the framework of food security and livelihoods programming to assist vulnerable households in the Gaza Strip, the Head of Project will support the FSL Program Manager in the implementation, monitoring and field evaluation of projects. The Head of Project will collaborate fully in supporting the FSL department as required to ensure the effective implementation of projects in the Food Security and Livelihoods sector, including staff management and teambuilding, apply project cycle management for quality and timely implementation of projects’ activities. He/she will also collaborate with MEAL department for the preparation of assessments, monitoring of beneficiaries’ identification, M&E reporting, he/she will coordinate with partners and develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, collect and update context information about shifting vulnerabilities and context fluctuations in order to feed the strategy of the FSL department, collaborate with the FSL Program Manager and FSL team to identify potential project interventions in current and new target locations, ensure open forms of communication, transparency and cooperation with the target communities and beneficiaries in line with Protection and Gender guidelines and ensure accountability for the projects’ implementation and the achievement of their objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Assist the correct accounting and finance Management:
- Preparation of project documentation (workplan, APR template, SOPs, budget forecasting and participate to the preparation of the MEAL plan).
- Preparation of ToRs for studies, final and intermediate reports, MoU and other activities subcontracted to partners.
- Follow up the provision of activities’ documentation requested from partners including but not limited to; legal documents, registration of activity with relevant ministry, donation certificates in accordance with donor’s rules and regulations.
- Coordinate with the relevant key stakeholders – including partners, Food Security Sector, Cash Working Group (CWG) to ensure effective synergies for the successful implementation of the projects.
- Responsible for the timely implementation of the planned activities as identified in the project work plan and agreed with the FSL Program Manager and present monthly updates of all project management tools during OTF meetings
- Responsible for procurement follow up and budget management (Procurement and budget Follow Up and Treasury Forecast) and budget management
- Follow up the design and technical specifications of the identified activities, including mainstreaming of gender and protection guidelines, in coordination with the FSL Program Manager.
- Ensure adequate monitoring and evaluation process is put in place for project’s activities in collaboration with the MEAL department according to objectives and indicators. In addition, provision of support to any internal or external evaluation when needed.
- Organizes field visits carried out by project staff for assessment, beneficiary identification, activity identification, implementation and monitoring or during donor visit.
- Ensure participation to the FSS &CWG meetings and other activities.
- Support the Program Manager for donors and stakeholders’ visits to the field and coordinate with relevant stakeholders through preparation of agenda, printed materials (project fact sheet) and writing of visit report upon completion
- Ensure and follow up project archiving and documentation in coordination with the related technical staff according to AAH archiving process.
- Participate in the elaboration and follow up of the risk analysis and reports impact on the PMT.
Strategy and Project design
- Collect and update context information and household vulnerabilities to feed into the strategy of the department.
- Active participation supporting FSL program manager in the review of the CVA responses including Rapid Response Mechanism.
- Participate in the design of problem statements, position paper, concept papers and project proposals as requested by the FSL Program Manager.
- Participate with the FSL Program Manager and Food Security and Livelihood team to identify potential project interventions in current and new target locations.
- Ensure good communication with team members and coach team staff for positive growth and development.
- Support the professional development of the team, ensuring that each of his/her team member follows tasks.
- Identify training needs of team staff and coordinate with HR department to undertake the relevant training and monitor progress.
- Participate in the recruitment process for positions related to the project that are directly managed by the Head of Project.
- Evaluate project’s team members, and upon completion of a staff members probation period and ensure sufficient induction and integration into the team.
- Development of a defined work plan for each project team member, to be provided on a monthly basis to Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager.
- Validate each Project team members’ leave plan request, considering the project time plan and Action Against Hunger internal regulations
Reporting, communication and MEAL:
- Prepare interim, annual and final reports to the donor in collaboration with FSL Program Manager, Grant Manager and the relevant Coordinator in Jerusalem office.
- Follow up reporting from partners upon agreement at project inception
- Technical review of baseline/endline reports, studies, external evaluations and assessment reports.
- Ensure project learnings are capitalized and systematized through learning tools, communication and advocacy materials in coordination with the Advocacy department, methodology documents and capitalization reports.
- Promote integration and communication with the other departments.
- Ensure integration of gender and protection dimensions within daily work and project implementation
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, engineering, economics, project management, social sciences or International relations.
- Strong knowledge in Project Cycle Management or any related field.
- Proven relevant field experience in Food Security and Livelihoods program implementation in the context of the Gaza Strip.
- Knowledge in Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) programming and its different modalities.
- Knowledge in micro business & social business development and market linkages.
- Knowledge in European donor’s rules and regulation like ECHO, ACCD, AECID, SIDA, EU and OCHA.
- Previous knowledge of Action Against Hunger programs and policies is a plus.
- At least five years’ experience in humanitarian or development programming; strong preference in Food Security and Livelihoods, CVA, women’s economic empowerment, income generating activities, value chain analysis, and economic cluster projects.
- Demonstrated experience in FSL project design, planning, monitoring, and evaluation tools and methods.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management.
- Demonstrated team management experience.
- Experience in learning and capitalization processes.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Knowledge of humanitarian and development programming standards
- Knowledge of ongoing trends in CVA and Nexus interventions in the Gaza Strip and in the MENA region
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment, strong reporting and analytical skills.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 01/12/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.