تعلن سلطة المياه الفلسطينية وحدة إدارة المشاريع / غزه عن حاجتها للوظيفة المذكورة ادناه وذلك للعمل ضمن طاقم وحدة إدارة المشاريع وذلك حسب الشروط المبين ادناه:
The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) ــ Project Management Unit in Gaza invites experienced & qualified Palestinian to apply for the following position in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
Wastewater Management Sustainability (WMS) Project contributes indirectly to the twin objectives of eradicating extreme poverty and sharing prosperity by improving the quality of life of about 400,000 residents in northern Gaza through the provision of wastewater treatment services, including the protection of communities against the risk of floods from uncontrolled wastewater reservoirs, and by creating economic opportunities for productive use of treated effluent, has been designed to finance efficient Operation and Maintenance (O&M) for the North Gaza Wastewater Management Facilities (NGWMF) for four years and build conditions for sustainable wastewater treatment services. The proposed WMS project will provide technical and financial resources to prevent the collapse of the NGWMF and continue the operation of the facilities at design capacity, while building a long-term technical, institutional and financial capacity to operate and maintain wastewater services. It will finance efficient O&M for four years (excluding electricity), and required rehabilitation of equipment and civil works at the NGWMF to guarantee performance at design capacity. The Project is financed by the World Bank Group, with total amount of 13.7 M USD, funds the Project.
- Component 1: Support the continued operation of the NGWMF (US$7.1 million
- Component 2: Rehabilitation and upgrade of the NGWMF to improve efficiency build resiliency and address emergencies (US$3.4 million).
- Component 3: Capacity building for sustainability of wastewater services (US$2.2 million).
- Component 4: Project management and implementation support (US$1.0 million).
- Component 5: Contingency Emergency Response Component (US$0.0 million
The Financial Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Establish the books and accounting formats for the project
- Participate in updating the project financial Planning, budgeting, reporting procedures and formats.
- Review Contractor and Consultant invoices, payments and prepare disbursement applications.
- Provide annual accounting statements.
- Maintain the financial records pertaining to all aspects of the project.
- Provide financial accounting expertise and support to the project.
- Perform other financial and record keeping support as may be required to complete the project.
- Provide financial projections, including disbursement regarding the Project.
- Provide the PMU director with financial analysis for all the Grants to provide sufficient financial information for monitoring project activities.
- Prepare the withdrawal applications.
- Prepare the Financial progress reports as per the donors Requirements “FMR”.
- Follow up the daily financial transaction of the project, including payroll and the withdrawal applications.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The following are minimum qualifications:
- Minimum university degree in Financial Management / Accounting with minimum experience of 5 years in Projects’ Financial Management / accounting.
- Have solid experience with external donors Financial and accounting management requirements, preferably with knowledge of World Bank regulations and guidelines.
- Capability of communicating both orally & writing in both English and Arabic.
- High degree of PC literacy and capability of operating relevant accounting soft wares
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year – renewable for the life of the on-going project - on a full-time basis. The expected start date for the position is 01 June 2021
The CV’s and the supporting documents should be sent before 23 /04/2021 to the email address below:
For more clarification, please do not hesitate in contacting us during working hours (8:00 am-15:00pm).
Tel: 08 2644071
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted