Consultancy service announcement
Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and developed over the years a strong expertise in WASH and management of environmental resources. Solid waste Management, water, and energy are the main sectors of activities. Cesvi initiatives always pay attention to: Capacity Building to local actors and Protection of vulnerable people.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the Governorate of Tulkarem, Hebron, and Bethlehem and in Shufat Refugee Camp in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation), EU, UNRWA and HIF (Humanitarian Innovation Fund).
The service contract “Solid Waste Management (SWM) in West Bank Refugee Camps Study” funded by the European Commission aims at improving the environmental health and sustainability of Solid Waste Management (SWM) in some refugee camps across the West Bank (namely Bethlehem, Ramallah, and Nablus). The study includes the assessment of cost effectiveness and efficiency, as well as the service level, of the solid waste management systems for refugee camps and surrounding areas and recommending improvements of institutional and financial arrangements, including private sector involvement as appropriates.
Cesvi is looking for a Financial Expert who will be responsible for completion of the financial components of the study. The financial expert will deliver the following three outputs:
- Cost of doing business (CDB) analysis of the relevant SWM systems in the three areas.
- The financial part of three (to be designed) business models that lead to a SWM system improving the (financial) sustainability and environmental health.
- An assessment of the relevant recyclables market and how this can contribute to financial sustainability of the SWM systems in the three areas.
The Financial Expert will work under the supervision of the Project manager and s/he will coordinate his/her work with the SWM expert.
Please refer to the ToR. (attached below) for more information on what is expected of the financial expert.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree or advanced graduate degree in business/economics/public administration; however, relevant experience in lieu of advanced degree will be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience in economic consulting related to local public services.
- Knowledge of financial procedures and legal and financial rules and regulations in Palestine.
- Previous experience developing business plans related to water, sanitation, waste management or other relevant public services.
- Excellent reporting skills in English and fluency in Arabic.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Outlook and relevant Financial software
- Self-starter with an ability to manage and organize priorities and adapt to a challenging work environment
- Strong communication skills
- Capacity to work in a team and in coordination with other professionals with different background and expertise
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, to meet deadlines and keep the project’s files and documents
- Strong analytic capability
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- The candidate must be able to travel to the Jerusalem office, or have no reason to expect any difficulties in being able to do so during the assignment.
- Thorough understanding of solid waste management systems.
- Prior experience working in local public service, such as municipalities or Joint Service Councils.
- Prior experience working for or with UNRWA, in particular on administrative and/or budgeting issues.
The assignment is expected to start ASAP.
Interested parties should submit their CV, a document detailing their role in relevant previous experiences in similar assignments (max. 1 page per assignment), the financial offer and three references to:
Cesvi Palestine – Ata AL-Zir Street 15 – Beit Hanina, Jerusalem or Email to: [email protected] with indication of the position reference in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***Attachment: CESVI_ANNEX I_ToR_Financial Expert