Financial Controller (m/f/x) - Ramallah/Jerusalem
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges - Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality - and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Under the supervision of the Responsible Financial and Administrative (RAF), the Financial Controller will ensure:
1) The quality of financial information to allow decision-making and contribute to efficiency and effectiveness with
which operations are conducted which must lead to the achievement of the objectives of the intervention
2) Mastery of fiduciary risks.
1. Ensure verification and support to the preparation of budgetary planning and monitoring in order to allow for qualitative budget management:
• Verify the monthly financial statements;
• Verify the correctness of budget planning;
• Provide support to the elaboration of budget change proposals and validate them following Enabel guidelines;
• Produce periodic budget monitoring reports, including analysis and recommendations;
• Analyse functioning costs and costs of activities and formulate recommendations in view of improving theefficient use of funds;
2. Ensure follow-up of treasury operations in order to ensure that suppliers/beneficiaries/etc. are paidcorrectly and in due time.:
• Check the cash call requests;
• Analyse the treasury position and prepare the request for funds to be submitted to the RAF;
• Authorise the payments;
• Carry out the banking reconciliation;
• Ensure the daily management of banking relations;
3. Control the reporting on Grant/’ASC’ Agreements in order to ensure expenditure is in compliance withthe Grant Agreements.:
• Contribute to the organisational assessments;
• Control the financial reports and the instalment requests;
• Prepare the conclusions regarding feedback to be sent to the contracting beneficiaries/partners:
• Provide opinion to the RAF regarding disbursement requests pertaining to the instalments of the grants;
• Plan and carry out control missions of the contracting beneficiaries;
• Prepare and support the eventual external (administrative and financial) audits of the beneficiaries.
4. Analyse fiduciary risks, follow up the internal control and audit action plans in order to put the risks inthe spotlight and minimise the impact.:
• Prepare self-evaluation questionnaires of financial management;
• Support the preparation of audits;
• Support the implementation of audit recommendations and internal controls;
• Ensure that rules and procedures in force within the intervention are updated and in conformity with the rulesand procedures of Enabel and other donors;
5. Lead the team of which one is the hierarchical supervisor in order to have qualified and motivated staff.
• Ensure continuity when the RAFi is absent, by delegation of power by the latter;
• Supervise and coach the administrative and financial management of the intervention;
• Guarantee that rules and procedures are respected;
• Determine the objectives and priorities of the staff members;
• Motivate, coach, follow up and evaluate staff members;
• Create an atmosphere of trust and accountability;
• Develop the competences of the staff members;
6. Capacity development of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of theirorganisation, processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.
• Participate to and support the evaluation of needs and the implementation of a capacity development plan forthe beneficiaries;
• Support the elaboration of supporting and management tools in favour of the partner entities…
• Support the intervention in the financial, accounting, administrative and logistical domains.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications and experience:
- You hold a Master's degree in Financial Management-Accounting.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in financial management.
- Experience in auditing, risk management and in financial management in the public sector.
- Experience with team management.
- Experience in capacity development and training.
Required skills and knowledge:
- You have good knowledge of ICT applications.
- You have good knowledge of using financial software. Experience with the use of an ERP tool is an asset.
- Experience in an international environment is an asset.
- You master knowledge of Excel and Word.
- You are fluent in spoken and written Arabic.
We offer you
• An exciting job in an international environment.
• A contract for a term of 60 months
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 5), and benefits such as 13-month bonus. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognised experience for the function.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Apply here (link) at the latest by 15/05/2022 and include your application letter and updated CV.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.