Job title: Financial & Administrative Officer
Application deadline: August 27st, 2021
Duty Station: Ramallah
Languages Required: Arabic, English
Contract period: one year with availability to extend.
Background of REFORM:
The Palestinian Association for Empowerment and Local Development – REFORM is a Palestinian NGO that works in the field of empowerment and local development, seeking to promote inclusion and social solidarity in Palestine through empowering marginalized hard- to-reach groups. REFORM aims to enhance the social and political participation of these groups and community activism, to facilitate equal access to public utilities through strengthening the capabilities of young and women, and to provide a reliable database for the political and administrative decision makers in Palestine.
- Develop policies and procedures for the financial and administrative affairs in accordance with the statute, financial system and with the laws in force.
- Prepare budgets and all administrative & financial reports that reflect the true financial position of the association, and deal with all stakeholders including the external auditors and donors.
- Manage financial transactions, develop control system on budgets and expenitures and carry out various financial aanalysis. Provide recommendations to officers, gerenal manager and board of directors whenever needed.
- Hire qualified staff with the required skills and expertise in the administrative and financial fields and work to continuously develop their capabilities in accordane with the work requirements of the association.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Apply policies, instructions and administrative procedures and develop them.
- Implement strategies and plans related to personnel, administrative and financial affairs.
- Supervise the administrative and financial affairs of the staff and help develop their skills
- Develop organizational structures and job descriptions
- Lead recurrent department meetings and participate in the executive management meetings
- Provide financial & administrative support for employees.
- Prepare periodic reports about the flow of work in the TSU department.
- Control regular inventory for the organization’s assets
- Revise and supervise accounting records and bank accounts
- Revise and evaluate all agreements and signed contracts
- Supervise and manage direct purchases, bids, contracts and agreements
- Coordinate with stakeholders including external auditors, suppliers and donors.
- Participate in permanent and temporary committees that occur in the organization.
- Leading and organizing procurement processes in accordance with the procurement manual.
- Personnel management, including employment applications, contracting, holidays, leaves, allowances, and overseeing the development of personnel documents.
- Network with suppliers.
- Participate in staff evaluation committees.
- Ensure the application of the financial and administrative regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the code of conduct.
- Check all expenditures and revenues and prepare periodic reports.
- Supervise the application of incentives and penalties.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field. Masters is a plus
- A minimum experience of 5 years and a maximum experience of 8 years in a similar position exclusively in the NGO field.
- Profeciency in Excel and Bisan system.
- Ability to prepare financial reports.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Experience in preparing and following up with contracts
- Self-motivated, open to learning new methods and approaches, positive attitudes towards working with employees.
- Experience using a variety of monitoring tools, including office applications.
- Fluency in writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic languages
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
Qualified candidates should send the following to the email addresses: [email protected]:
An updated CV, please name the file (FullName_CV), including three professional references.
An updated cover letter, please name the file (FullName_Cover letter).
Please indicate the position title as "Financial & Administrative Officer" in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CVs with photos or any other distinctive signs will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications that do not follow the instructions will not be considered.
REFORM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages females to apply.