Job Title: Finance Officer / Accountant
Reports to: Finance & HR Manager
Salary level: 3
Working time in %: 100%
Work location (Country + city): Palestine – Gaza
Job description valid from: June 2023
Job Duration: 11 months with the possibility of extension, depending on funding
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
With the support and under the supervision of the Gaza Finance & HR Manager, the Accountant will be in charge of Gaza base accountancy and as well will assist in the office admin and HR daily work.
The incumbent commits to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning.
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes (Tdh) and Tdh Safeguarding Policy. Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion, or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial, or religious affiliation. Tdh expects that its staff and contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Tdh and defends in all circumstances the interests of the organisation.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
- Verify that all payments are justified by adequate supporting documents, before preparing and processing.
- Post all transactions including partners records in the accounting system accurately and on a daily basis
- Responsible for the clearance and matching of all advances on a monthly basis
- Register the accounting codes and budget allocations according to Tdh procedures
- Ensure the supporting documentation is translated into English
- Implement the cash inventory and check the cash & bank balances on a weekly basis and inform the line manager in case of any discrepancy
- Follow up the bank and book balances and anticipate the treasury needs
- Guarantee the confidentiality of the financial information
- Provide the requested financial documentation and support the line manager in the audit preparation
- Prepare the closure and the cash and bank reconciliation reports at the end of each month
- Edit vouchers and archive with supporting documentation on a daily basis according to Tdh procedures
- Participate with the Finance & HR manager in the semi-annual & annual closures
- Manage the cash box of the office accurately and ensure it is ready for spot check by the management all the time.
- Follow-up on the communication means services (telephone, fax internet, etc.).
- Follow- up Human Resource Administrative system and documents to ensure compliance with Tdh policies and donor requirements.
- Compile and update employees’ records (hard and soft copies)
- Scan all financial and HR-related documents to be included in the monthly scanning.
REPORTING AND COMMUNICATION
- Deliver the monthly SAGA closure report and the cash and bank reconciliation balances to the line manager within the deadline
- Inform the line manager of treasury needs
AUDIT, COMPLIANCE & INTERNAL CONTROL
- Assist in audits exercise including the institutional and donors
- Ensure the compliance of the supporting documentation before posting on the system
- Ensure the financial supporting documents are archived according to Tdh procedures
SAFEGUARDING POLICIES – SAFETY – SECURITY:
- Commits to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) in her/his area, including participation in annual audits, and reviews and updates of action plan.
- Commits to inform the Country Representative and/or the National Safeguarding Focal Point and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the CSP, in line with Tdh safeguarding procedures.
- Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Palestine
- Knows and implements all institutional policies and internal regulations of Terre des hommes.
- Any other duty as required by the supervisor and Country Representative.
- S/he will have direct access to information, such as the general strategy of Tdh in Palestine, including programming objectives in the field, financial details, salary scale and security guidelines.
- A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount.
- Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines and is punctual
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Shows determination and proactivity
- Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
- Knows and respects the rules and processes of the different domains concerning one’s activities
As well as the following specific “professional” competencies:
- Knowledge of government procedures, Palestinian Taxes and social security procedures .
- Good and Clear Experience in General Accounting.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and a good team player.
- Excellent knowledge of internal financial procedures and audit requirements
- Ability to respect work plans and deadlines
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements for the position
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, finance & accounting from a recognized college Institution.
- A Minimum of 3 -years' experience in accounting or relevant experience in INGO.
- Good and clear communication and writing skills in English.
- Excellent Computer literate (proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Windows)
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Familiar with working on Accounting Systems Software.
- Valid driving license
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a cover letter in English and should be sent to the following e-mail address indicating the position title: Pse.[email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
Deadline for applications is May 28, 2023, at 04:00 pm.
Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
The subject of the email should clearly state: Job application- Finance Officer / Accountant