Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director or her appointee, the Finance Officer takes full charge of preparation of budgets, tracking of expenses, delivery of financial and management reports, handling of audits, and ensuring that all financial transactions are carried out based on audit requirements and consistent with YWCA financial rules and regulations.
The Finance officer works in close collaboration with the Jerusalem program staff to develop budgeting and financial reporting mechanisms and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepares the YWCA of Jerusalem budget this includes:
- Preparation of staffing costs and general operating expenditure schedules
- Preparation of project/program costs and inputs
- alignment of budget allocations to program plans, project and donor commitments
- managing project budget formulation and set up.
Create Grant/donor files and maintain all financial reports, transfers, documentation related to grants in an updated and accessible manner
Oversees all accounting and data entry tasks including:
- Vouchers: verifies and prepares all types for both management and development projects, ensuring transactions matched, correctly recorded and posted; promptly corrects vouchers that are unposted, unapproved, or have budget check errors;
- Cash and accounts receivables: records receivables for YWCA projects and deposits, manages cash receipts and monitors cash flow and replenishment requests; perform bank reconciliation;
- Income: prepares and records YWCA of Jerusalem administered charges, recovers and records extra budgetary income from support costs, collects and records budget income, including income generating office support income
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statements for all YWCA of Jerusalem bank accounts
Present information on the status of financial resources as required to the executive director and other designated officials and provides recommendation on sources and uses of cash funds and banks.
Maintain proper filing/control of the supporting documents for: payments, financial reports, and vendor approval.
Produce monthly financial reports and quarterly budget/expenditure analysis for all parties as required, including donor reports, management reports, departmental reports, focusing on:
- Compliance with donor reporting requirements to ensure accountability, transparency, effectiveness and efficiency;
- Type of information that facilitates decision-making and improvement of internal practices.
Prepare all payroll, salary payments, monthly tax and insurance forms as well as annual tax reports in compliance with tax rules and regulations for all Jerusalem ID staff
Produce all donor reports for all Jerusalem grants in compliance with formats, allowable costs and dates required.
Ensure that financial records and documentation is ready for audits and pre-audits regularly, Prepares the end of year financial statements for the Yearly Audit
Support implementation of operational priorities in the finance area by focusing on:
- ensuring that financial processes and records fully comply with YWCA of Jerusalem rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- providing inputs on financial aspects of new program and initiatives, including costs, review of project / donor agreements, allocation of funds;
- managing financial queries and liaising with other department teams to resolve them.
Supervise and train other staff in the finance/admin department as required on proper financial procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- A Minimum of 3 years’ experience of Finance or accounting experience
- Advanced accounting and financial reporting skills and knowledge
- Practical knowledge of budgeting and budget control mechanisms
- Efficient uses of accounting databases and Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource
- Self-driven, with potential of producing personal plans and prioritizing tasks to ensure quality and timely results that meet established goals
- Prior experience working with donor-funded projects/programs
- Familiar with Donor and yearly Audit Procedures
- Good organizational; effective communication skills, both verbal and written skills, including an ability to comfortably interact with high clients Excellent oral and written English (Arabic and/or Hebrew an advantage).
- Familiar with Israeli Laws.
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and management best practices from within and outside YWCA of Jerusalem
Interested candidates should submit their CV & Letter of Introduction (in English) to:
Deadline for applications is August 30th at 13:00 pm
Indicate Finance Officer in the subject of the email