The Opportunity – Finance Officer
Post location: West Bank Field Office - Ramallah
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: Open ended
This position will support and contribute to the smoothness functional of the Finance department at the Field office level covering finances of the entire WB FO & CO, also to ensure the compliance with Save the Children policies and procedures.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Support Services Officer
Country Dimensions: oPt CO is a high complexity country, multi-member interest, with an annual budget of around $10m, and approximately 70 staff.
Number of direct reports: NA
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: Financial Transactions for Non-Partner Related Work for WB FO & CO:
- Detailed review of payment requests received from staff and suppliers offline payment.
- Prepare and get checks and bank transfer letters signed, stamp the payment with “PAID”, & update the relevant account bank tracker.
- Enter all journal vouchers including petty cash on Agresso and any adjustments entry.
- Handing checks to suppliers/vendors, consultants, contractors in the office
- Filing all payment vouchers and journal vouchers
- Preparing month-end prepayments journal vouchers.
- Preparing the weekly Remittance Report on ProSave system to record the payment.
- Photocopying GAC payments exceeding threshold specified by SCC for the project period and upload that to the link provided by SCC
- Participate in procurement opening sessions.
Key Area 2: Financial Transactions for Partner Related Work
- Assist in conducting Organizational Capacity Assessment for partners.
- Assist in conducting financial management assessment for partners (pre-award assessment).
- Responsible for visiting part of the partners to review their financial reports and their supporting documents.
- Preparing the field visits reports and sharing them with SSSO, BHs, and program contact person before sharing with Partner.
- Opening Supplier ID in Agresso for partners after getting FD confirmation on bank detail
- Assist in initial review of partners financial and narrative reports.
- Records partner’s expenses in Agresso
- Scan copy all the financial and narrative report and sharing them with the AMU department.
- Updating partnership agreements tracker.
- File all agreements documents in addition to narrative and financial reports.
Key Area 3: Ramallah Office Overall Financial Related Work:
- Participate in Kick-Off meetings or Award Opening meetings as needed.
- Participate in award review meetings as needed.
- Participate in pre-closeout, closeout, and post closeout meetings as needed.
- Helping with the Coding Project design phase and role out.
- Confirming by email cash received from SCI centre, prepare internal and record in Agresso the receipt of the funds and the internal transfers between accounts
- Assist in Managing the cash flow to ensure timely and secure transfer of funds from the CO accounts to the FOs accounts to meet programme needs, liaising with local bankers as required and provide the necessary checks and balances to ensure that money is spent effectively, efficiently and in line with donor requirement
- Entering salary payments and adjustments to Agresso (CAM adjustments, Salary online, salary offline, pension, severance, international salary, international benefit, fixed term, annual leave accrual, insurance payments including health, liability, workmen and passive warranty insurance, entitlement and income tax for staff and consultants).
- Uploading all the monthly reports and documents needed for the Regional Office on the shared folder.
Key Area 4: Month End Related Work:
- Prepare and do confirmation for Monthly Bank Reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Do the monthly count of petty cash and ensure the template is signed
Key Area 5: Year End Related Work:
- Assist in ensuring smooth and proper closeout of CO books by end of the year.
- Assist in doing physical count of assets for Ramallah office.
- Assist in conducting the annual audit work by auditors in the office and with partners.
- Assist in Audit field work, provide necessary documents as required to auditors after reviewing them.
Key Area 6: Staff Management and Related Meetings:
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Attend Finance Unit meetings.
- Set staff annual objectives and do mid-term and annual performance evaluations.
- Provide technical support and guidance to finance staff.
- Provide technical support and guidance to other non-finance staff regarding financial related issues.
- Assist the security Manager with the security update.
- Assist the security manager to get the permits and distribute it to the staff.
Ready to work to respond to any natural disaster or emergency situation anywhere in opt.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Accounting or a relevant field.
- Minimum of three-year similar previous experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding on Financial related issues, and basic on general Finance management.
- Maintaining confidentiality, documentation & filing skills
- Excellent communication (English & Arabic)
- Very good commands on MS Office.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.