CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Finance Officer is under the supervision of Finance Manager, s/he will work in close cooperation with SIF teams as following:-
- Participate in ensuring all accounting records and supporting documentations for all financial transactions are maintained in systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organization;
- Conduct regular audits of projects and partners;
- Ensure financial compliance through audit check of finance reports from partner and provide written feedback to relevant Program Manager;
- Work closely with accountants, program staff and funding on donor reporting, responsible for accuracy of partners financial reports as a part of consolidated report;
- Communicate frequently with program and line manager to ensure that all those who need to share information are well informed;
- Coordinate with Program Managers’ the compliance on budget monitoring balances and closure of grants;
- Participate in providing SIF with complete, accurate and timely financial reports as required for all implemented projects in the office in the required formats;
- Oversee daily accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivable, and payables;
- Assist in maintaining effective control over cash and bank (ensure that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records) ;
- Contribute to provide quarterly and where required monthly financial reports to Finance Manager with supporting documentations;
- Assist and support the Finance Manager in ensuring that field expenditures meets SIF and remain within the approved plans and budgets;
- Assist and support the Finance Manager in the preparation of budgets for projects proposals and annual office budgets;
- Participate in tracking of all procurement processes up to delivery, acceptance and payment, and follow up with requesting divisions on their procurement requisitions, ensuring that all requirements are met;
- Maintain updated inventories of SIF Gaza Strip office items and assets;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Finance or relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a similar position.
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Solid experience to work with windows-based computer software, and modern accounting systems;
- Effective under pressure, results oriented and proactive with the ability to multi-task;
- Good interpersonal communication, negotiating and analytical skills;
- Ability to build and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Finance Officer : (Ref # 2021/01/FO)
Note: motivated & competitive benefits package including new salary scale 2021
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV,
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 31st January 2021 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer