Job Title: Finance Manager
Contract Duration: 1 Year – Renewable
Starting Date: ASAP
The Palestine Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of “Finance Manager”.
Background on PITA
PITA represents more than 180 major ICT companies in Palestine’s emerging technology and start-up ecosystem and has become the driving force in advancing the ICT sector’s interests. Based in Ramallah and offices in Gaza, PITA was founded in 1999 with the vision to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s ICT Sector. PITA’s programming, content, events, and global outreach are strategically focused on local advocacy, knowledge sharing, the continued development of high-calibre local human capital pipelines, and global business development support aimed at increasing foreign investments in the sector. PITA also supports international firms seeking to partner and collaborate with Palestinian technology services suppliers. PITA, as a body, is a cluster that includes all those involved in the ICT sector, from the largest to the smallest companies, each with a different specialty (software, hardware, ISP, Telecom, consultancy and training, etc).
PITA’s strategic goals revolve around the following aspect; Policy & Advocacy: Wider echo for PITA’s members’ participation and partnership with the public sector and possible donors and entities; Capacity Building: Enhanced ICT human capitals to innovate and respond to the latest industrial demands, Sector Branding and Access to Markets: Rising innovation and creativity of the Palestinian ICT sector penetrating the local and the international forums, and Visibility and Communication: Raising the ICT voice and advancing the activism and the Resilience of the Palestinian ICT sector as actor of change.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing the financial activities of PITA, including but not limited to: Financial analysis and planning, accounting operations and reporting, budgeting and external audits. He/She will establish or improve upon PITA’s financial policies and procedures. The Finance Manager will be also responsible for ensuring legal and regulatory compliance of the financial functions, and providing guidance to senior management and PITA’s Board of Directors through clear communication of financial reporting and analysis and is the primary interface with external parties on financial matters.
Reporting Line: PITA’s General Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements.
• Managing accounting practices across the organization, and managing budgets of PITA’s funded projects and programs.
• Supervise and maintain financial, procurements andadministrative records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
• Financial, accounting and administrative support to PITA’s departments operating in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
• Developing and managing financial systems/models, and facilitating information flow, coordination of schedule and other logistic arrangements.
• Preparing recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons and using different donors’ reporting systems.
• Maintaining delivery records and make project transactions, and maintain inventory of project assets.
• Overseeing monthly wire transfer requests and manage local bank accounts to ensure sufficient availability of funds for project needs.
• Reviewing accurate, complete, and timely financial reporting, including monthly accrual/projection spreadsheets, and ensure timely submission.
• Preparing and reviewing accounting and supporting documents and transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with policies and procedures and Donors’ regulations.
• Reviewing and ensuring proper authorization and approval and timely processing of payment/reimbursement requests for employees/suppliers/vendors.
• Planning, performing and supervising internal audits of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and petty cash.
• Reviewing the bank reconciliations and reconciliation of petty cash and fund report at time of replenishment.
• Providing financial advice on contracts, ToRs, agreements, MoUs ……. etc. and other procedural forms, and reviewing and monitoring the procurement processes.
• Advising management in financial decision-making and systems development and improvement.
• Advising program staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports.
• Providing financial management and analysis for all aspects of the projects.
• Supervising and overseeing finance, logistics, and administrative staff and functions, including Information Technology (IT).
• Managing cash flow forecasts and monitor its liquidity, including decisions on foreign currency transactions.
• Maintaining updated information regarding grants and contracts, reporting requirements and financial restrictions.
• Establishing and maintaining financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and subcontracts.
• Mentoring and building the capacity of the finance department staff.
• Maintaining financial files and oversee annual audits.
• Working closely with internal and external auditors during field program audits, and performing any other duties assigned by PITA’s General Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience) in finance,
economics, accounting, business or any other related field, Master’s Degree is
• A minimum of 7 years of experience with INGOs in a senior position in the finance
sector and economic follow-up.
• Proved experience in administration and management of budget and grants.
• Proven experience in follow-up with Partners-Subgrants and on the Third-Party contracts and grants.
• Experience in banking, currency purchasing, or treasury operations.
• Experience in payroll plan development and/or administration.
• Experience in Management Information Systems (MIS), and accounting systems (Preferred Bisan System).
• Proved experience and Familiarity with EU, USAID and other donors’ regulations, systems, and compliance.
• Experience in managing finance and administration operations and reporting functions.
• Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and rigid timeframes in difficult
• Proven experience in a leadership position involving the administration of similarly sized, international donor-supported programs is strongly preferred. International NGO or for-profit contractor experience is strongly preferred.
• Evidence of strong budgeting, reporting, and organizational skills required.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of relevant local laws, regulations and policies is required.
• Creative, innovative, decision making, communication and other public relations
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic language skills; ability to write
clearly and concisely about complex issues.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...).
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include:Resume (in English) and, a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by email to [email protected] no later than Saturday, 25th of March 2023, at 16:00 PM local time in Palestine and include the “Finance Manager Application” in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.