Microfinance is a private company providing microfinance services to the public through its network of branch offices within Palestine. Alibdaa is currently recruiting a Senior Human Resources Officer. For this post, the company is currently seeking a creative and innovative professional to join its management team, who will be responsible for developing and maintaining Alibdaa’s human resource management system. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in human resource and business management.
Job vacancy: Finance Manager
Work station: Head office-Ramallah
Job type: full time.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15/08/2019.
Job purpose: Manage the finance department to help the company achieve its financial and other goals and objectives; through ensuring proper management of its accounts, accurate and timely recording, and preparation of the financial analysis and reports to help in the decision making process. In addition, manage the procurement planning, execution, and reporting activities
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or any related fields.
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or any related fields is preferred.
- Professional certification (CPA/CFA/CMA/ACCA) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience in relevant field, or with a master’s degree 5 years of experience in relevant field
- 3 years experience in a leadership/supervisory role, with experience as part of a functional team with set productivity and financial targets
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of the international accounting standards (IFRS).
- Strong knowledge of Palestine Monetary Authority policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of the financial and accounting leading practices.
- Knowledge of the microfinance sector and related financial implications, accounting treatments, and good financial management practices.
- Time management
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Management Accounting
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Treasury Management
- Risk Analysis & Management
- Strategic and Critical thinking
- Ethical behavior
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Organizing and Planning Skills
- Self Confidence
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare the annual department strategy and goals in accordance with the vision, mission and strategy of Al-Ibdaa.
- Prepare and direct Al-Ibdaa financing strategy and provide recommendations for decision makers
- Prepare and develop the annual operating budget, while managing and overseeing its implementation through monthly and quarterly reporting to compare actual results with the budget;
- Review and monitor the related finance and procurement policies, procedures and practices, and ensure that all departments, units, and branches and employees are in compliance with them at all times.
- Convoy leading practices and developments in finance and ensure that measures are taken to ensure the quality of management performance and effectiveness.
- Supervise the procurement planning process in coordination with all departments and units.
- Manage the operations of the finance and procurement department a so as to encourage optimum utilization of its resources.
- Contribute to the achievement of Al-Ibdaa’s objectives through timely, sound and effective financial advise to CEO.
- Develop and implement accounting and reporting guidelines, policies and procedures, for use throughout Al-Ibdaa.
- Develop, implement and evaluate finance department goals and objectives.
- Responsible for revising, reviewing and maintaining the finance management information system, including policies, procedures and manuals to ensure that they are comprehensive and cover all aspects off Al-Ibdaa’s finance management activities.
- Communicate and discuss the department’s guidelines and procedures with department staff to ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities are defined and understood
- Monitor the adherence of departments’ managers, and unit heads and their staff to Al-Ibdaa’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to department staff to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies and protocols.
- Responsible for setting the prices for the products provided by Al-Ibdaa in coordination with the Operations Department Manager and the CEO.
- Direct and oversee the preparation and presentation of Al-Ibdaa’s financial reports
- Ensures that management accounting system has the capacity to analyze the profitability of Al-Ibdaa in terms of branch profitability, product profitability and customer profitability.
- Oversee the preparation of Al-Ibdaa’s budgets. Present the budget to CEO for acceptance and to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Direct and oversee the preparation of the monthly management performance reports showing key performance indicators, trends, comments on budget variations, relevant outside information, risks and areas that require management attention.
- Responsible for the treasury management of Ibdaa with regard to all item on its balance sheet, including, asset and liability management, capital adequacy management, investing and funding activities.
- Asset and liability management (ALM) and maintain an appropriate balance between risk and return by sustaining a positive spread between interest rates on earning assets and the interest on cost of funds, which will be done in coordination with the Board designated Audit/Risk Committees. The finance manager will also be responsible minimizing liquidity risk and ensuring that its operations have an adequate level of liquidity at all times. Finance management should ensure that Al- Ibdaa is able to honor its cash commitment on a daily and ongoing basis, while meeting PMA minimum reserve requirements.
- Oversee the debt collection process and the status of uncollected debts.
- Evaluate loan applications and their compliance with the set policies and procedures and provide recommendations.
- Identify, assess and evaluate the financial risks at Al-Ibdaa and plan to mitigate them.
- Implement adequate systems of internal control to ensure accuracy, and adequacy of accounting records and documentation, including appropriate manuals and standard practice instructions.
- Closely coordinate with the IT unit to ensure that any finance and accounting information in Al-Ibdaa’s management information systems is consistent, accurate, reliable and easily accessed;
- Serve as the principal contact with the external auditor, and ensure that they are provided close cooperation and assistance in the discharge of their responsibilities, including primarily the certification of Al-Ibdaa’s financial statements.
- Cultivate relationship with financial institutions.
- Responsible for coordinating and negotiating Al-Ibdaa’s various funding relationships and investment of excess funds, as well as maintaining transparent and supportive investor relations.
- Coordinate with Human Resources Unit to review payroll sheets and approve payments.
- Manage the planning and the execution of the procurement process.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and ensure dealing only with approved suppliers.
- Approve the company’s purchases in accordance with the related approved authority matrix.
For submitting please send your CV to
with mentioning the position you’re applying for in the subject.