Location: Ramallah, West Bank
Please Note: This position is contingent upon award and USAID approval with an anticipated start date of September 2022.
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking a Finance Director (FD) for the anticipated USAID West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Project. This five-year $25-50M program will empower Palestinian citizens and civil society actors to hold public institutions accountable, foster social and political advancement, and improve overall living conditions and prosperity. The Activity will support the civil society sector, Palestinian citizens, media organizations, the private sector and other relevant stakeholders to become more active in decision making and advocating for their rights.
The FD is responsible for the primary oversight and leadership of all financial management and reporting and administrative operations of the program. In particular, the FD oversees financial operations for the project and conducts continual reporting to ensure the financial health of the project and the correct usage of funds. This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP). We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
- Provide financial management and analysis for all aspects of the program.
- Supervise and oversee finance, logistics, and administrative staff and functions, including Information Technology (IT).
- Develop and maintain sound financial management systems in line with USAID contracts rules and regulations and Global Communities’ policies and procedures, and accounting principles.
- Manage the project budget ensuring all costs incurred by the program are accounted for and in compliance with local laws.
- Manage cash flow forecasts and monitor its liquidity, including decisions on foreign currency transactions.
- Liaise with legal advisor and ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations.
- Serve as the focal point for internal, government and/or donor audits.
- Follow up and implement on a timely basis internal, government and/or donor audit recommendations.
- Provide financial control, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to COP, Country Director and HQ on budget expenditures.
- In partnership with HQ and program teams, lead, prepare, and analyze the bi-annual budgeting & monthly projection processes; monitor progress and changes and keep management team informed of all program’s financial status.
- Develop budget scenarios and alternatives for COP.
- Maintain updated information regarding grants and contracts, reporting requirements and financial restrictions.
- Provide input and oversight on all program related financial matters.
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with donor contractual requirements.
- Oversee Operations and Administration staff, ensuring that functions are performed timely and accurately.
- Provide technical assistance to improve the systems of internal control and financial management of partners. Monitor partner's management of funds and cross check source documents.
- Advise program staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports.
- Establish and maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and subcontracts.
- Produce budget projections and reports for submission to the donor through the HQ.
- Maintain financial files and oversee annual audits.
- Mentor and build the capacity of the finance department staff.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a discipline related to finance, accounting, or similar with a minimum of 8 years of experience in positions related to financial management, accounting and administration particularly related to USAID contracts; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to finance, accounting, or similar with a minimum of 10 years of experience in positions related to financial management, accounting and administration particularly related to USAID contracts.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years of financial management of a USG funded program under a USG contract modality of similar size.
- Experience in the West Bank and Gaza preferred.
- Proven experience in a leadership position involving the administration of similarly sized, international donor-supported programs is strongly preferred. International NGO or for-profit contractor experience is strongly preferred.
- Evidence of strong budgeting, reporting, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to set up financial regulation systems with partner organizations to ensure the efficient and accurate disbursement of funds.
- Knowledge/Experience with USAID contract rules and regulations required.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of relevant local laws, regulations and policies is required.
- Management/supervisory experience is required.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written; strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Modern Standard Arabic. Must be able to use both languages fluently and accurately and be able to read all styles and forms on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
Interested candidates should submit their applications through this link: Finance Director (West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Project) in West Bank and Gaza | Careers at Palestine, West Bank and Gaza (icims.com)
This position is for a proposal submission and contingent upon award. We are currently reviewing all applications on a rolling basis and until a final candidate is selected. For consideration, please apply by May 1, 2022. However, we encourage candidates to apply immediately if interested.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.