Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than 1.9 million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
The MAÁN /TOGETHER project: Towards Gender – Responsive and Empowering Education for Girls and Boys in the West Bank and Gaza is a five years project. The Project will address barriers to quality education for Palestinian Refugee children in UNRWA schools in the WB and Gaza by providing primary teachers, physical education teachers, and school counsellor with skills to support children’s learning and psychosocial wellbeing. Child centered interventions will be integrated into teaching practices, both in and out of schools, and will result in improved quality of education foe children. The Project will offer safer and more inclusive school environments for girls and boys in UNRWA schools by rehabilitating play spaces and school WASH facilities.
Visit us at www.righttoplay.com.
The Finance Coordinator reports directly to the Finance Manager (FM). The incumbent is responsible for providing supports to the FM in financial administration tasks such as data entry, processing transactions, ensuring all transaction supporting documents are complete and properly filed and reconciling bank accounts entries.
Job Responsibility #1: Accounting (50% of Time):
- Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
- Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
- Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and filed accordingly.
- Ensures that all payments are processed on time.
- Oversees the daily management of financial transactions; assists the Finance Manager/ Officer in the monitoring and follow up of project finances in the country.
- Performs monthly petty cash count as well as petty cash spot checks
- Oversees routine banking services including collecting bank statements, making bank transfers depositing and withdrawing cash.
- Assists in cash planning and forecast for the duty station.
- Reviews all petty cash expenditures and replenishment requests.
- Oversees the management of petty cash in the country including bookkeeping.
- Responsible for elaboration, maintenance, and reconciliation of cashbooks.
- Imports and Records all financial transactions into the Accounting management system.
- Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review by the FM.
- Responsible for budget follow up and the checking of correct use of Donor codes
- Responsible for filling all financial documentation for cash and expense management for the duty station.
- Provides financial reports and forecasts.
Job Responsibility #2: Financial implementation and management: (40% of Time):
- Implementation of an appropriate accounting system and sound finance function.
- Produces and presents regular financial and written finance reports.
- Timely review of the field Activity Financial Reports (verifying the coding, arithmetical accuracy, documentation, authorization) and subsequent feedback to ensure timely submission to Finance Manager.
- Provides assistance in preparing year-end accounts in line with regulatory requirements ready for audit.
- Ensures that an appropriate financial policy and procedures framework is in place to guide the Organisation's financial decision making.
- Ensures restricted funding is ring-fenced and complies with grant conditions.
- Assists with preparing budgets for funding application.
- Supports FM/FO on staff trainings on RTP rulers, policies and procedures and donor requirements.
- Supports FM/FO to ensure that partners are aware and adhering to partnership manuals procedures.
- Maintains and tracks cash/salary advances in coordination with HR and ensure all amounts are reconciled and liquidated.
- Follow up with Partners and ensure that all their reports, supporting documents are according to RTP and donor policies and procedures.
- Supports partners on compliance matters and ensure timely submission of reports that are accurate and complete.
- Stays abreast on program priorities and makes occasional field trips to monitor finance related issues and procedures.
- Stays abreast on the latest development in tax and other related laws in the country; ensures that RTP complies with all Government statutory regulations including licensing payment of taxes and social security fund; ensures timely submissions of such deductions to the relevant authorities.
- Ensures all financial files are complete and up to date including National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Taxes.
Job Responsibility #3: Team Management (5%):
- Provides the necessary guidance and coaches to the team as required by the Finance Manager
Job Responsibility #4: Perform Other Duties (5% of Time):
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
2 years’ experience in accounting or grant management.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadline
- Integrity and details focused
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Good analytical skill
- Ability to work with staff at all levels
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
- Good skill at using financial software applications
- Skilled in maintaining documentation
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of accounting and Human Resources practice, policies and procedures
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
Previous work experience with an l/NGO
Employment Start Date: May 2019
Contract Duration: One year to be renewed
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
[email protected] and kindly include “Position Name” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com