Position: Finance, Compliance and HR Manager- VNG International Palestinian Branch Office
Background of VNG International
VNG International (www.vng-international.nl) is the International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities. Our objective is to strengthen democratic local government, to support decentralization processes and to facilitate decentralized cooperation. We strengthen local governments, their associations, training institutes and decentralization task forces both in developing countries and in countries in transition.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance, Compliance and HR Manager will:
- Manage and maintain accounting, finance, and HR records including those related to staff in accordance with donor regulations and VNG International policies, and monitor Programs/ Projects' accounts.
- Advice and report to VNGI Country Director for Palestine (CDPS) on all HR related operations and ensures that compliance related matters to be in accordance with VNG International home office and relevant donor HR policies and standard procedures.
- Create HR Policy for the office and approving it from the relevant stakeholders.
- Draft an employee handbook.
- Draft a field financial manual.
- Support projects teams on budgetary planning for local activities.
- Prepare vacancy announcements, screening and interviewing job applicants, negotiating biodatas, referring qualified applicants to supervisors, and drafting long and short term agreements.
- Monitor Projects/ Programs' expenditures and advice Projects' managers, coordinators and country director on certain measures to take, while confirms completion of corresponding documentation. Track the transfer of funds between VNGi head office in NL and field office in Palestine.
- Prepare of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports including sub-award reports as required.
- Report financial reports to the CDPS
- Liaise with EU on issues related to zero VAT compliance, VAT reimbursement, and sub-award reporting.
- Administrate all vendor and supplier accounts including invoices, journal entries, and account reconciliations. Ensure that all vendor invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Supervise daily financial operations of the contract including cash flow management, time sheet recording, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Review and track bank and petty cash balances. Prepare and submit monthly and ad-hoc funds request forms as required per VNG’s policies to ensure sufficient liquidity while minimizing cash-on-hand.
- Ensure that the Program/ Project implementation is in accordance with VNGi and EU regulations and procedures and the specifications, in particular client regulations articulated in the project’s contract, as well as VNG’s operational and accounting policies and procedures. This will include ensuring that all procurement processes are transparent, fair, and expeditious.
- Lead annual statutory audits conducted by the home office and EU. Assist subcontractors in audit or compliance reviews. Serve as the field office point person in all audits.
Finance, Compliance and HR Manager will work in VNG International Palestine’s office
S/he will report on a day to day basis to the CDPS and contribute upon the CDPS's instructions.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration.
- Strong management skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in International organizations, policies and procedures in financial management, financial reporting, Human resources and compliance.
- Proven experience in an international organization as well as a good knowledge of the EU financial policies and procedures including audit requirements.
- Ability to work independently, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
- Previous experience in working with external donor funding, possess high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have good working knowledge of accounting software.
- Experience in bookkeeping, budgeting, financial planning and reporting.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance.
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger system.
- Solid command of English & Arabic. Excellent interactive facilitation skills. Good organizational skills; Excellent social, communication and networking skills, both oral and in writing; Pro-active, representative and flexible attitude.
Period of the initial contract
One year with possibility of extension including an extendable three months' probation period.
Place of the assignment
Qualified candidates should send the following:
- An updated CV including three professional references.
- A cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position.
To the following email addresses: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting applications is: Wednesday, Nov. 28th 2018 COB. Please indicate the position title as "FC-HR Manager" in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
VNG International is an equal opportunities employer.