Job Title: Finance Associate
Type of Contract: National Personnel Services Agreement (N-PSA)
Duty Station: East Jerusalem
Start Date: 1 August 2021
Duration of Contract: 12 months with possibility to extend based on fund availability and performance
Closing Date: 13 July 2021 (midnight New York, USA time)
UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) was established through a resolution adopted by the UN General Assembly on 20 December 1978, calling upon UNDP “to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people”. In partnership with Palestinian institutions, civil society, communities and donors, UNDP’s goal is to empower the Palestinian People to establish a viable State that is able to realize the right to development for its people and support their socio-economic resilience. Since its establishment, UNDP/PAPP has delivered over USD 1.5 billion in development assistance to the Palestinian People.
Under the guidance of the Operations and Services Manager and direct supervision of the Finance Analyst, the Finance Associate provides leadership in execution of financial services in the ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services. The Finance Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Finance Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in Jerusalem, West Bank, Gaza offices, Banks, Suppliers, UN Agencies, and UNDP HQs staff to resolve complex financial management and operational-related issues and information delivery.
Summary of key functions:
1. Ensure implementation of operational and financial management strategies, and adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up, implementation of the effective internal control framework;
• CO finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management;
• Provision of inputs for implementation of cost-saving and reduction strategies in consultation with the office management;
• Preparation of cost sharing and trust fund agreements, follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
2. Ensure administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Preparation and modifications of budgets for UNDP management projects, follow-up with HQs on ASL for management projects;
• Presentation of researched information for planning and status of financial resources of the CO;
• Sending project budget to KK if authorized by the Senior Management (can be done only on the basis of signed project documents and project budgets);
• Timely preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the services provided by UNDP, implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery.
3. Provide accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit and perform Global payroll functions focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects; preparation of all types of vouchers.
• Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed;
• Timely accounts closure;
• Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues;
• Timely corrective actions on erroneous data in Atlas. Preparation of financial reports as required;
• Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and follow-up with partners on contributions, deposits creation in Atlas and their application to AR pending items;
• Timely VAT reimbursements
4. Support the Head of Finance with proper CO cash management functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Alternate for timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application;
• Alternate for daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in Atlas to monitor imprest level; identification and recording of contributions;
• Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations;
• Alternate for timely preparation of monthly cashflow forecast for use by Finance Analyst. Liaison with UN Agencies to obtain estimate of their cash requirement;
• Initiation of bank transfers and deals in Atlas.
5. Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO and guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization/conduct of training for the operations/ programme/projects staff on financial management;
• Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Finance;
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
6. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Operational Efficiency: Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
Quality Assurance: Ability to perform administrative and procedurals activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
Knowledge Management: Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Relationship Management: Ability to engage with other parties and forge productive working relationships.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Academic Education:
High School Diploma, BA Degree in Accounting, or Finance would be an asset. Master's degree in Accounting or Finance is an asset.
Minimum Years of Relevant Work Experience:
6 years of relevant experience with High School or 3 years with Bachelor's Degree or 2 years of relevant experience with Master's Degree.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Experience in IPSAS and/or IFRS is required.
Desired Additional Skills and Competencies:
Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, desirable.
Knowledge and experience working in the UN system or UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and procedures is an asset.
UNDP Accountancy & Finance Certificate is an asset
Required Language(s) (at working level):
Proficiency in Arabic and English languages is required.
المسمى الوظيفي Finance Associate
آخر موعد للتقديم 13 - Jul - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 6 Years
التصنيف المحاسبة والعلوم المالية
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
رام الله والبيرة
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Consultant: Assessment Study and Comparative study
رام الله والبيرة