Finance Assistant - (210003WH)
The Opportunity – Finance Assistant
Contract Duration: 12 months
Contract type: National
This position holder will support and contribute to the smooth functioning of the finance department at the Gaza Field Office level through assisting finance team in Gaza in completion of partner and non-partner financial transactions for the Emergency Fund. The position holder will ensure full compliance with Save the Children policies and procedures, in addition to supporting the close-out of the end-of-year books.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the position holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Key Area 1: Financial Transactions Related Work (payment disbursement) Non-Partner Related Work:
- Write checks or preparing bank transfer letters.
- Get checks and bank transfer letters signed.
- Responsible for stamping the payments as Paid.
- Hand checks to suppliers/vendors, consultants, contractors in the office.
- Filing and scanning all payment vouchers and journal vouchers.
- Entering journal vouchers in Agresso (Financial System).
- Record payment vouchers in the bank tracking sheet.
- Assist in completing the Voucher List for BMZ Project.
- Assist the program team in reviewing the BVAs for BMZ Project.
- Review and record payments such as consultancy payments, audit payments, vehicle use and fuel, petty cash and office supplies, etc.
- Review and record staff payments: travel advances and travel expense claims.
- Responsible for regular count of the cash in the petty cash.
- Responsible for handling transfers to bank and get bank statement on monthly basis.
- Support finance department in during emergency response.
Key Area 2: Financial Transactions for Partner Related Work
- Open files for Emergency partnership agreements.
- File all agreements documents in addition to narrative and financial reports.
- Assist in visiting Emergency partners to review their financial reports and their supporting documents.
- Hand checks to partners in the office.
- Enter payment vouchers in Agresso (Financial System).
Key Area 3: Year End Related Work:
- Assist in smooth and proper closeout of Gaza Field Office books by end of the year.
- Assist in doing physical count of assets (taking inventory).
Key Area 4: Staff Management and Related Meetings:
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Attend Finance Unit meetings
- Set annual objectives and do quarterly and annual performance evaluations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
BA degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent field.
- At least one-year experience within the finance department of a national or international organization including experience with financial management in emergencies.
- Strong experience of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data, and design and produce effective management information.
- Maintaining confidentiality, documentation & filing skills.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic.
- Understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Familiarity with computerised accounting systems.
- Experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and work to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues, and providing support and advice as necessary.
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives.
Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies, including travelling at short notice and for extended periods.
- Knowledge of donor financial policies and guidelines.
- Ability to work virtually due to COVID - 19 implications and emergency.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
المسمى الوظيفي Finance Assistant
آخر موعد للتقديم 20 - Jun - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني مبتدىء
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 1 Year
التصنيف المحاسبة والعلوم المالية
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Save The Children مؤسسة إنقاذ الطفل
Project Assistant / Site Engineer
Supply Chain Assistant
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
MEAL Senior Officer
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Gender Project Officer
Project Assistant (3)