Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is currently seeking to hire a FINANCE ASSISTANT to join our project in Gaza. He will be responsible for Execute administrative and finance related tasks and follow up of project accountancy to support the Project Finance Manager following MSF standard and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources to achieve project objectives
- • Implementing cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, assisting the Project Fin Manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to en-sure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Processing the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities, classifying, preparing and filing of all accounting pieces in accounting software, in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project Fi-nance Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Any other administrative task delegated by the Project Finance Manager.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure that all the documents and validations are delivered according to MSF procedures before preparing the payment request.
- Prepare and make the payments to suppliers, employees and contractors are done in the due time without delay.
- Ensure that the records are done in the system on a weekly basis, according to the MSF chart of accounts, respecting the cost center and analysing shared costs.
- Manage the cash box, small cash payments and advances.
- Support on bank account transaction, prepare the monthly bank conciliation.
- Support on accountancy closure process every month.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Finance, business or administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Fluent English and Arabic are mandatory
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, outlook, internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Time management
- Willing to learn
Interested applicants must submit all of the following documents:
- C.V. and Cover Letter in English detailing qualifications for this position
Qualified female candidates are welcome to apply.
Only To: [email protected] , no hard copies.
Please write FINANCE ASSISTANT on your application or it may not be considered.
The deadline for submitting applications is: SUNDAY, 08/09/2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.