About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Finance Department Summary
The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Palestine, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
General Position Summary
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepare checks or wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature.
- Prepare bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented.
- Record payment vouchers daily in the bank batches.
- Prepare photocopies of vouchers and other supporting documents as required for the monthly reporting package to HQ Finance.
- File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded.
- Prepare manual allocations of shared expenses, when required.
- Prepare the Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Assist with preparing month end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance Department in responding to audit inquiries.
- Review and check the receipts vouchers and contact with the clients to handle cheques.
- Assist with the review of reports and documentation for Mercy Corps Sub-Grantees transaction.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Reports Directly To: Finance Manager
Works Directly With: Finance, Operations, Program and Procurement teams
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
- A degree in accounting or a relevant business field is required.
- One year of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency in all cash handling is absolutely essential. The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines, and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
Closing Date: August 5th, 2019
E-mail Address: [email protected]