Job Title Finance and Operations Director - West Bank & Gaza
Location PS (Primary)
Category Local Hire
Job Type Full-time
Career Level Director
Education Master's Degree
Travel Up to 25%
CNFA is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Finance and Operations Director position for the USAID Effective Management of Irrigation Water Activity. The purpose of this activity will be to work with farmers in the West Bank and Gaza (WBG) to improve climate-resilient conservation and management of freshwater resources and associated ecosystems by increasing the availability, quality, and environmental resilience of drinking water supply sources. The duration of this Activity will be four years.
Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the Finance and Operations Director will oversee and support the day-to-day management of financial and operational processes, including accounts management, financial reporting, grants management, and budget forecasting. S/he will ensure all accounting, budgeting, and financial operations are carried out in a manner consistent with the objectives of the activity and in compliance with law, USAID regulations and CNFA policies, rules, and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall financial and administrative oversight to the project.
- Supervise finance and administrative team and grants team, including grants and compliance, finance, procurement staff, and other administrative functions, as assigned.
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports in coordination with senior project staff.
- Ensure project operations are in compliance with donor requirements and CNFA policies and procedures and demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules & regulations (FAR, AIDAR, ADS 303).
- Create, maintain, and implement financial reporting, tracking systems, and controlling procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of USAID Mission Order 21 and vetting requirements on USAID-funded programs in West Bank and Gaza.
- Oversee processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements.
- Review all payment documentation and verify information prior to approval, signature of the COP and CNFA headquarters and payment processing.
- Ensure that all required documents are accurate and updated and compliant with the up-to-date local regulations and laws governing taxes, contracts, administration, and accounting.
- Familiarity and work experience in Gaza or management of a Gaza field office experience is a plus.
- Perform other duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of (10) years of working experience including managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-funded projects required with a minimum of five (5) years managing and supervising financial, administration and procurement staff required.
- Experience in the application of competitive procurement processes, especially regarding consultants and service providers, is required.
- Experience managing grants, or providing administrative oversight of grants, is required.
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, and a good knowledge of Federal and USAID Regulations required.
- Oral and written fluency in Arabic and English is required.
CNFA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of CNFA to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, veteran status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION & CONTACT INFORMATION CNFA provides a reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact the CNFA Home Office Human Resources Department via email at [email protected] or via phone at 202-296-3920 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below