Finance and Operations Director for Management of Non-Revenue Water in Southern West Bank Activity (MA’ONA)
Chemonics seeks a Finance and Operations Director for the anticipated USAID Management of Non-Revenue Water in Southern West Bank Activity. This activity will improve Palestinians’ access to safe, reliable, sustainable, and climate resilient water services through: 1) the development and strengthening of the institutional capacity of the Hebron, Halhul, and Dura water utilities for sustainable, reliable, and climate-resilient water delivery service; 2) the implementation of strategic infrastructure works to support the objective of the activity; 3) the design and implementation of innovative solutions to expand the use of smart water management technologies for efficient, timely, and transparent water management; and 4) the design and implementation of innovative measures and public awareness campaigns to promote effective water governance at the utility and foster social behavioral change toward more efficient and responsible water use practices and trends. The Finance and Operations Director will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project financial, administrative, compliance, and procurement support to Chemonics in the execution of the activity. This is expected to be a full-time position based in the West Bank.
- Ensure compliance of project operations with USAID, Chemonics Washington office, and other required administrative policies and guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of activity financial accounting system, including performing sound accounting and financial control, managing cash flow, tracking expenditures relevant to operating budget, and preparing and reconciling monthly financial reports.
- Administer and manage personnel according to the Personnel Policies and Procedures handbook and local labor law.
- Ensure full compliance in maintaining the legal status of in-country registration during the life of the activity.
- Perform other accounting, financial management, procurement, and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of the position and activity.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, finance, accounting, or another related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience and demonstrated experience working on USAID or donor-funded contracts with increasing responsibility.
- At least three (3) years of working experience in a senior supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement, and logistical support services in West Bank & Gaza or a similar context.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize tasks and support activity implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols.
- Professional proficiency in Arabic and English is required.
- Qualified applicants from Palestine highly encouraged to apply.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit an updated CV at the following link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/09b93b1a6f5a4f148cefe083fe23c2cb by Friday, May 19, 2023. Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis.