Finance and Logistics Officer
Reports to: Head of Gaza office - Al Fakhoora
Location: Gaza, with Moderate to low travel required as per business needs
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Al Fakhoora Overview
Al Fakhoora is a programme of Education Above All Foundation that is based in Qatar and has a field office in Gaza. Al Fakhoora programme aims to secure access to education for young people in Gaza and the West Bank. Al Fakhoora works with local and national partners to bring new hope and opportunities through scholarships and training, improved healthcare and the reconstruction of infrastructure.
Al Fakhoora programme promotes the right to education in affected areas by unlocking a new generation of marginalized youth to become educated, professionally skilled and inspired leaders of the future who can guide their families and communities towards cohesion and prosperity.
The Finance and Logistics Officer supports Head of Gaza office - Al Fakhoora and other team members in the financial and logistical activities to follow up and coordinate administrative, financial and logistical tasks with implementing partners and main stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supports overseeing budget, and the implementation of budget in coordination with Al Fakhoora and implementing partners
- Maintains financial records system in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and monitor the use of all funds
- Monitors all financial documents of expenditures and procurements made by the implementing partners in all project stages
- Reviews the financial reports of implementing partners and provides feedback
- Prepares the financial reports of Al Fakhoora projects in Gaza
- Assists Al Fakhoora to make decisions of approvals/non-approvals of expenditures during projects implementation by implementing partners
- Coordinate all audit activities in coordination with the financial unit
- Review installment/payments requisitions for implementing partners of Al Fakooora projects in the Gaza strip and in the region
- Analyze and summarize financial data as requested by management
- Troubleshoot problems identified in the budget reports and recommends necessary changes
- Perform other operational and finance administration duties as directed by management
Logistics and Administration
- Develops a trusting and a successful relationship with Al Fakhoora stakeholders and creates and sustains a cooperative non-profit environment
- Performs all responsible duties assigned by Head of Gaza Office
- Provides administrative and organizational support to activities implemented under Al Fakhoora projects
- Arrange and monitor the administrative processes of the programmes and funded projects, in line with Al Fakhoora procedures and EAA requirements
- Organize all duty travel arrangements (including hotel, transport and assisting with visas) of colleagues, delegations and other visitors travelling to and from Al Fakhoora Field Office
- Provide general office administrative and logistic support such as liaising with suppliers, arrange meetings, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or any related fields. Master is preferred
Background & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in financial management, 3 of which at least are within international non-profit organizations
- 2 years of experience in legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Proven experience in leading professionals in finance and accounting related tasks
- Working relationship experience with global donors and global community development organizations would be an added advantage
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Arabic, and the ability to present coherent and well-structured analysis and articulation in both languages.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to collaborate closely and collegially internally with other departments as well as with external organizations
- Strong written and oral communications, including writing, proofreading and editing, and experience in delivery of presentations
- Proficiency in MS Office software and advanced excel skills and familiarity with internet tools
- Strong attention to detail, including ability to critically analyze complex financial documents
- Problem solving skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Time management, including ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to develop a trusting and successful relationship with Al Fakhoora stakeholders.
- Self-motivated to contribute to the success of Al Fakhoora projects in Gaza and elsewhere, which mainly benefits educational sector.
Interested and qualified candidates to send their “CV and Cover letter” no later than 22nd of May 2019 to the following email: [email protected]
ONLY those candidates pre-selected will be contacted