Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. We are recruiting in Jerusalem Office a:
FINANCE AND HR COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Based in Jerusalem office, flexibility for frequent trips to Hebron and Gaza (depending on the permits possibilities)
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Assisting the Finance HR Coordinator in the implementation and follow-up of the Finance/HR activities of the mission, while executing the accountancy and administration related tasks for the capital, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability and compliance to local labour and fiscal regulations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Supporting the Finance HR Coordinator with delegated tasks to ensure proper management in the Mission (budget, accounting, treasury, reporting, donors, auditing procedures, legal financial obligations, etc.) including the translation of documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request. Supervising that the internal regulations in the mission are followed in order to ensure both tax and labor regulations compliance
- Keeping updated on the local law and informing the Fin HRCo of any changes or misalignment with the practices in place. Ensuring respect of and strict compliance to MSF standards (Chart of accounts, quality of documents, guidelines, expense validation procedures, cash security rules, etc.)
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities for the capital, including efficient administration and management of petty cash. Ensuring confidentiality on all finance issues related to MSF as well as the strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation. Processing the payments to third parties, checking that receipts meet the necessary quality standards. Following up on the rental/service contract and insurances dates and informing the Fin HR Co on time to organize payments and renewals
- Filing hard copies of documents, entering the information in the accounting software and performing monthly closing procedures for the journals under his/her responsibility
- Executing recruitment activities to meet HR needs and executing all contract related activities (file opening and formal documentation archiving, personnel data updating, amendments, termination dates supervision, etc) in order to ensure legal compliance. Presenting and explaining contract terms and the content of the Internal Regulations, Staff Regulations, HR policies and/or living conditions to facilitate staff integration and their security
- Collecting the variable pay slip elements for Homere (paid holidays, sick leave, unpaid leave, etc.) and supervising the payroll process, checking the list of employees and the amounts payable (variable pay, taxes and social security contributions) in order to ensure accurate and timely payroll payment
- Supporting the FIN HR Coordinator in HR related processes such as registering applicants to training activities and evaluating the results thereof, drawing up annual holiday planning to schedule staff shifts and cover operational needs, organizing travel and files of all staff arriving in the mission (booking and purchase of tickets, pick up from airport, keeping/renewing passports, briefings, induction), ensuring that all staff have valid work, residence and travel permits
- Meet MSF requirements (procedures, deadlines, information, signatures ...). Tracking bills/vouchers, invoices and other running costs and analyzing the related information (costs, service contracts ...) in order to give reliable and updated information.
- Controlling cash advances and cashbook movements for each petty cash box, recording all IN and Out transactions, ensuring that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and investigating any discrepancy. Ensuring strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox / currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory and reconciliations)
- Ensuring a monthly accounts report in accordance with MSF procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
- Preparing and executing pre-approved payments to suppliers through Bank Transfers and/or by check and harmonize the payments schedules and receipts with the suppliers according to MSF standards.
- Execute the monthly Income Tax and Social Contributions forms
- Support Annual External & Internal Audits processes
- Support Annual Closure and Annual Tax Clearence
- Translation of accountancy documents as requested, and filling out forms for banking signatures, etc.
- Desirable, certificate or diploma in business, HR management or similar education.
- Essential at least 2 years previous working experience of at least 1 year in Accountancy and Human Resources
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
- Excellent command of Arabic, English and Hebrew mandatory
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Good working knowledge on MS Office
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
Interested candidates should submit their Cover letter and CV with references’ details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Departement _Jerusalem Office
With the reference: FINANCE AND HR COORDINATOR ASSISTANT– MSF VACANCY.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is 24th October 2022 MIDNIGHT