SCOPE OF WORK
Job Title: Finance and HR Assistant
Position Category Regular Employee
Job Location: Gaza Strip
Job Location: Gaza Strip
Reports to: Country Representative
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: February 15, 2020
MedGlobal is an international medical non-profit organization providing health services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health volunteers of diverse backgrounds.
The Finance and HR Assistant is responsible for the accounting and finance activities of our programs in Gaza with a particular focus on the bank and cash handling in line with MedGlobal policies and procedures and in accordance with the local employment legislation and practice. As well as recruiting staff, payroll, handling VAT, Tax and registration forms.
Finance and Accounting
- Carry out the day-to-day accounting functions of the program including, but not limited to:
- Prepare bank and cash voucher payments and daily transaction reports
- Employees and logistics cash advances
- QuickBooks data entry- financial system
- Daily/monthly cash counts
- Payroll monthly report
- Manage in-country cash, ensuring sufficient amounts are available at all times and that necessary security measures are in place and are being followed.
- Work on submitting all the required financial reports and supporting documents to the legal entities are required as per the registration application.
- Work closely with the MedGlobal Head Office and Gaza office program Manager on all regisaration submissions such as projects audit reports completion and new project budget preparation.
- Pay supplier invoices either directly or in conjunction with team members and in accordance with agreements made.
- Prepare and Pay local employees’ salaries and allowances as agreed, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities.
- Support colleagues in cash handling and financial transactions, providing coaching and guidance as required
- Ensure that all payments according to the MedGlobal finance manual and procurement threshold.
- Prepare for and support internal and external financial audits, providing all information required by local legislation, donors, HQ, or other bodies
- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is adhered to for all financial transactions and that all filing and archiving are in line with MedGlobal and donor requirements which follow international accounting standards.
- Conduct regular cash and bank reconciliations, verifying amounts held and reporting any discrepancies
- Prepare and manage all VAT, tax preparation, and renew MedGlobal office registration forms as needed.
- Monthly Cash forecast for the sub office, provide cash forecasts, manage cash in/out and sub office financial reporting.
- Monitoring procedures are in place to ensure that there is a Zero tolerance approach to bribery, fraud and corruption
- A weekly scan for all finance and HR documents as per MedGlobal filling system
- Ensure that all the country documents related finance and HR is scanned and uploaded to MedGlobal Google drive.
Human Resources & Administration
- Ensure all employment practices for nationally recruited staff comply with local labor laws, seek advice from local lawyers, and benchmark with other NGOs in-country as applicable
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure the preparation, payment, and record-keeping of staff salaries and/or allowances is done in a timely manner and in accordance with local employment regulations, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities
- Ensure all employees have a personnel file containing all relevant documentation and information and archived according to MedGlobal policy, local law, and any donor requirements
- Ensure line managers/team members receive any necessary training, advice, mentoring, or coaching on performance management or any other relevant areas of finance and HR.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with field management and the HQ HR Officer concerning all HR issues
- Ensure team members are informed of the required HR procedures, and be available to answer any HR related questions and to provide coaching and guidance as necessary
- Ensure relevant HR and accountant documentation are made available to staff in a language they understand.
- To ensure regular updates of the staff database, validations of staff leaves days and manage staff files.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment process for new/vacant positions in conjunction with the country representative and the program manager. This includes job descriptions, advertising, short-lists, interviews, and the appointment
- Cwork on the monthly, and annual Finance and HR reports
- Conduct regular internal audits and report immediately any possible fraud or theft.
- Prepare and manage VAT, tax preparation, and renew MedGlobal office registration forms as needed, including all the relevant reports.
- Ensure that MedGlobal program legal compliance of in-country human resources activities in accordance with MedGlobal, donor, national and international requirements
- Ensure that all Medglobal documentation is constantly updated to MedGlobal Google drive
- Confidentiality of information held on individual staff
- Implement and improve human resources systems and policies
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Educational and Professional:
- University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in finance, accounting and human resource
- Experience with international donors ( such as OCHA, USAID,UN and EU) financial principles and guidelines
- Experience in banking/handling foreign remittance/donations is a must.
- Experience with employment agreements, financial data and HR records management
- Experiencing with basic budgeting methods
- Experience with report writing and generation
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and project coordination skills
- Strong Communication and language skills, spoken and written in both languages Arabic and English
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required
- Excellent computer skills of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google drive
المسمى الوظيفي Finance and HR Assistant
آخر موعد للتقديم 15 - Feb - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter as PDFs to [email protected] with the subject line “Last Name, First Name - Finance and HR Officer - Gaza.” Only English resumes will be considered.
Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.