Position Title: Finance and Grants Officer (Senior Management position)
Position Type: Regular Employment – Full time
Location: Palestinian Employment Fund – Ramallah
Duration: Twelve months- (Opportunity for extension and permanence)
The Palestinian Employment Fund (PEF) is a semi-governmental institution, headed by the Palestinian Minister of Labor. The Fund is the national umbrella for employment and job creation, and it shall be deemed the executive arm of the national employment policies and the Ministry of Labor policies in the field of employment. The Fund shall pursuit to provide sustainable job opportunities for youth graduates, women, marginalized groups, persons with disabilities, and unemployed persons.
PEF is seeking a competent Finance and Grant Officer. The Officer will be responsible for maintaining grant management systems, running and analyzing grant related reports and maintaining sound grant records and files that ensures proper execution of grant activities and utilization of grants funds. The officer will be responsible for all grant compliance/management activities starting from pre-award surveys (as applicable) through closeout. The officer monitors grantees/partners’ compliance/adherence to PEF Procedures, donor requirements, grantees’ own policies and procedures, and other applicable local laws. She/he will also be responsible for post-award compliance and will ensure that budgets are not overspent, grant periods are adhered to, costs are reasonable and allowable and grant related accounting records are maintained.
Grants Position Objectives:
- Grant/partner agreements follow PEF Policies and Procedures, donor requirements, and applicable local laws.
- Grantees/partners are compliant to grant/partner agreement requirements.
- Optimal utilization of grant budget. Ensure grant expenses are in budget.
- Advances and other grant payments and transfers are made to grantee/partners timely.
- Advance liquidation documents and other deliverables are collected from grantees/partners regularly (monthly) and per grant agreements and other requirements.
- Financial documents and other deliverables obtained from grantees/partners are complete, accurate, and legally acceptable.
- Grant/partner liquidations and other related financial transactions are timely and correctly coded, journalized and entered.
- Grant files and other records are properly organized, referenced and safely stored for future reviews and uses. Files should be easily accessible.
- Grants/agreements are closed as per the grant agreement and the schedules indicated therein.
Finance Position Objectives:
- All financial documents received from the field and the Fund Office, as applicable, are prepared in compliance to PEF Policies and Procedures, donor requirements, and applicable local laws.
- Financial documents are complete, accurate, reliable, and legally acceptable.
- Outstanding advances to employees, vendors, and others are liquidated properly and in accordance to PEF policies and procedures and donor requirements and summarizing JVs are prepared accordingly.
- Payments (including account to account transfers and Off-the-Counter payments) to employees, partners and other payees are made on time and are properly supported.
- Performs any other relevant duty assigned by the Supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, Banking and Financial Sciences, or related field. Additional qualifications or professional degrees in the field are an advantage.
- At least 10 years’ proven experience in finance management, procurement, granting and lending, and/or other related fields.
- Proven experience in working with civil society, communities, local NGO and INGO. Preferable experience: working experience with World Bank and/or working with NGO in a project funded by World Bank is an advantage.
- Experience in using legally established professional and transparent procurement policies and procedures.
- Experience in financial management of tendering processes, bid analysis, contracting suppliers and audit.
- Good knowledge of the environment of crediting, lending and financing in Palestine.
- Good knowledge of technical and operational aspects of procurement implementation.
- The ability to work under pressure. Within teamwork arrangements.
- Conscientious- detailed oriented, accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Computer literacy (MS office- accounting, procurement, and credit systems Ex; Bisan).
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, with strong personality.
- Excellent planning and administration skills.
- Maintains a positive attitude and high standards of performance.
- Passionate about the job.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Hard-working- takes initiative.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter in English no later than 01/12/2021 to the following email: [email protected]
Please indicate the position title in the email subject line, and include the name and surname on the CV and Cover letter documents.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.