Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
Finance and Administrative Coordinator
For a period of initial 12 months, with possibility of extension
The Finance and Administrative Coordinator is the Head of the financial and administrative management of the mission, coordinating and leading the mission Administrative team in the capital and the bases. The Finance and Administrative Coordinator is in charge of assuring the administrative and financial procedures of the mission according to Action Against Hunger rules and the local law.
Objective 1: Mission Financial Management
- Assure the financial balance of the mission according to its yearly financial objectives.
- follow the financial planning of the mission through the financial management tool (eFMT), ensure timely and accurate update of the tool by the bases.
- carry an exhaustive control of the coverage plan (CCP: Cost Coverage Plan) and monitor the cost structure of the mission.
- Assure the monthly delivery of updates of monthly budget follow ups (BFU) to the coordination team, Heads of Base and administrative teams. Ensure the full involvement of all departments
- Elaborate and validate financial reports within contractual deadlines.
- Follow up and analysis of the entire mission’s financial risks.
- Supervise controls by the bases on local partners’ expenditure.
Objective 2: Mission Treasury and Accountancy Supervision
- Assure the monthly closing of the accountancy, following the controls defined and according to the established deadlines.
- Assure the respect of the administrative and financial procedures established by Action Against Hunger and the donors.
- Define the treasury flows in the mission Cash Management Policy and supervise its correct implementation.
- Control the treasury level to the minimum operational.
- Assure the correct and timely delivery of the monthly treasury forecast.
- Follow up of all payments received at mission level.
- Manage relationship with banks.
Objective 3: Administrative management of the mission
- Verify and control the respect of the expenditure authorization procedure.
- Control and supervision of the respect of any rule regarding the quality and archiving of all administrative and financial documentation according to Action Against Hunger and donor guidelines.
- Represent the mission in front of the administrative representatives of other international and national organizations in-country.
- Assure the respect of local law and any tax obligation by the mission. Follow up of Action Against Hunger national framework agreement in-country.
- Initiate and/or develop relationships with local authorities for any financial related matter.
- Plan and follow-up of internal and external audits in coordination with headquarters; prepare yearly financial statements for the whole mission and for Gaza base, before certification by external auditors.
Objective 4: Relationship with counterparts
- Train partners on Action Against Hunger accounting and financial procedures.
- Coordinate the supervision and integration of partners’ invoices and transactions.
- Consolidate financial reports sent by partners.
- Follow-up partners’ treasury requests.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Higher education in Finance, Accounting, Audit, or related field.
- Good knowledge of donor guidelines, specifically European/Spanish ones.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial management and minimum 3 years in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in the preparation of budgets, projects’ financial follow-up and financial reports.
- Experience in accounting and preparation of financial statements.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector.
- English mandatory, Arabic is an asset.
- Strong command of MS Office. Advanced level of Excel. Experience with accounting programs like Agresso or others.
- International experience. Demonstrated capacity to work in multicultural environments.
- Good communication skills.
- Track record of teamwork experience and coordination of staff under their supervision.
- Mobility: The position is based in Jerusalem with frequent visits to the Bases (Gaza and Hebron) to follow up with Base Management and Administrative teams. The Administrative Coordinator will also travel to project sites if and when needed.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service: employ.acf-e.org/index.php/positions/view/4102
Applications will be accepted up to and including Sunday the 6th of Sep 2020.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.