Finance and Administration Officer (2 vacancies)
SIDA Supporting MSMEs Competitiveness and Growth Programme in Palestine (MCGP)
Location: (1) Ramallah/West Bank
Duration: August 31, 2023 with possible renewal upon fund availability.
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking to hire Finance and Administration Officers (2 vacancies) for the SIDA Supporting MSMEs Competitiveness and Growth Programme in Palestine, one vacancy will be based in Ramallah and one in Gaza city. This four-year, 75 million SEK project will use a market systems development lens to better understand the critical constraints that exist to sustainable income change for large numbers of micro, small and medium enterprise owners and ensure a sustainable approach for addressing these constraints. The programme will contribute to job creation especially for women and youth and increase Palestine’s economic independence.
The finance and Administration officer will work closely with the Director of Finance and with the Procurement Compliance and Operations Manager and be responsible for implementing Global Communities financial & administration policies and procedures and assist the supervisor in managing the process of all matters related to finance and administration in supporting the MCGP. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
- Ensure proper financial and programmatic documentation related to expenditures are submitted prior to processing any payments.
- Verify payment requests and issuing the wire transfer or checks for the payments.
- Deliver issued payments to vendors and ensures accurate receipts are provided.
- Record all transactions into QuickBooks and prepare Journal entries on a daily basis.
- Filling of all entries and ensure that all required documents are attached to each entry.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on weekly basis.
- Prepare monthly donor reports and other requested reports.
- Communicate with Banks regarding missing reports, statements, information, or names.
- Maintain sound financial management systems in line with Donor’s rules and regulations and Global Communities’ policies and procedures, and accounting principles.
- Assist in managing the project budget ensuring all costs incurred by the program are accounted for and in compliance with the Donor, Global Communities, and applicable local laws.
- Maintain and follow up information regarding subawards, grants, and contracts, reporting requirements and financial restrictions.
- Assist in preparing financial reporting is in accordance with donor contractual requirements.
- Support the Director of Finance in providing technical assistance to improve the systems of internal control and financial management of partners. Monitor partner's management of funds and cross check source documents.
- Maintain financial files and oversee annual audits.
- Support the Director of Finance in Mentoring and building the capacity of the finance department staff of partner organizations upon request.
- Prepare purchase requests, verbal quotations, payment requests, and contact vendors if needed.
- Assist in preparing RFQs, evaluation reports, contract / purchase order forms.
- Prepare and follow up on Office administrational and operational contract management.
- Responsible of the petty cash and stationery of the office.
- Filing and archiving of all documents as needed and keep filing system maintained.
- Arrange for supplies, and catering for program’s meetings and events.
- Prepare internal MEMOs, change requests and releasing it to the involved staff.
- Support the Operational Manager in procurement, compliance and operational management.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountant, Finance, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in working with international development organizations is preferred;
- At least 3 years of financial management experience of a donor funded program of similar size is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of relevant local laws, regulations and policies is required.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written; strong interpersonal and analytical skills. Experience with generally accepted accounting practices and principles;
- Excellent command of excel and other database applications.
- Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Thursday January 19, 2023, indicating the position title in the subject of the email.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.