تعلن سلطة المياه الفلسطينية وحدة إدارة المشاريع/ غزه عن حاجتها للوظيفة المذكورة ادناه وذلك للعمل ضمن طاقم وحدة إدارة المشاريع وذلك حسب الشروط المبين ادناه:
The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) ــ Project Management Unit in Gaza invites experienced & qualified Palestinians to apply for the following position in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
Finance and Administration Department Manager
Gaza Bulk Water Supply Unit
Gaza Central Desalination Program: Associated Works Phase I Project is a part of a coordinated international effort to address chronic poor water quality in Gaza and the significant increase in domestic demand expected in the medium term, which is projected to reach around 145 MCM a year by 2030. PWA, in partnership with the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), the Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) and the World Bank, formulated the Gaza Central Desalination Program (GCDP). The GCDP covers all Gaza and comprises two main components: (i) construction of a desalination plant with initial capacity to produce 55 MCM a year of desalinated water that can be doubled in the future; and (ii) construction of a north-south water carrier, including storage reservoirs to convey and properly blend the desalinated water with groundwater sources to achieve water supply meeting WHO standards for potable water. Securing the required funding for implementing the GCDP will take several years, leaving the water situation in Gaza, and particularly in the southern and middle governorates, in urgent need of improvement. In this context, the international community supported the construction of two Short-Term Low-Volume (STLV) desalination plants which produce 4.7 MCM per year as interim measures to alleviate the needs for fresh water. In addition, PWA has negotiated the purchase of an additional fresh water for the middle and southern governorates of Gaza from Israel National Water Company Mekorot. The proposed project, through blending these new high-quality water sources with 15.3 MCM per year from existing saline groundwater, will supply bulk water to all 16 municipalities in the project area (with an estimated 870,000 people) with at least 90 liters per capita per day (lcd) meeting WHO standards for potable water. The project will also contribute towards enhancing soundness of the sector institutional set up. The proposed operation includes institutional strengthening activities aimed at the establishment of a small unit to manage bulk water supply operations in Gaza laying a sound foundation for the future establishment of the National Water Company (NWC), which is mandated by the Water Law to manage and operate bulk water throughout the West Bank and Gaza.
The Gaza Bulk Water Supply Unit (BWSU) will be part of the National Water Company, the bulk water provider for West Bank and Gaza as defined by law. The Unit will be responsible for: (i) the operation and maintenance of the STLVs; (ii) the monitoring and management of bulk water purchased from Israel; (iii) the management and operation of groundwater wells in middle and south Gaza; (iv) the blending of these bulk water sources for distribution and onward sale to municipalities (the water service providers); and (v) the recovery and reuse scheme. The World Bank will support PWA with the establishment of the Bulk Water Supply Unit initially hiring its core staff which will gradually be expanded with funds from bulk water sales proceeds.
The Finance and Administrative Department will be in charge of managing all the finance, accounting, administration functions of the Bulk Water Supply Unit as well as the billing and collection of revenues from the supply of bulk water services. During the transitional phase until the creation and full implementation of the National Water Company, the Finance and Administration Department Manager will apply the finance, accounting, HR and procurement procedures provided by the donors funding its operations. Will be responsible of planning, organizing, directing and managing all day-to-day Unit’s accounting, finance, financial planning, risk management, Information Technology functions and billing and collections. The Manager will coordinate with the PMU, the PWA and the West Bank Water Department as needed for all financial and administrative matters. The Manager will assist the Unit Director to maintain the Unit’s budget controls, short and long-range financial planning and budgeting.
Responsibilities & Main Functional Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In coordination with the PWA, PMU and the Unit Director, the Manager is in charge of setting up the Department systems including the approval of job descriptions, the hiring of personnel and designing workflows and internal controls and establishing the initial budget and start-up of operations.
- Develops and maintains budget and financial policies, plans and procedures including the development of the Unit’s capital improvement and renovation and replacement program.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures preparation of the Department’s annual budget, mid-year and mid-cycle review process with assistance from other Managers and staff.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of the Unit’s financial condition and reports to and advises the Unit’s Director and PWA accordingly.
- Given the Unit’s multiple sources of donor funding as well as own revenues, develops, necessary procedures, and practices relative to procurement, cash handling, accounts receivable/payable, capitalization, accounting, and investments, obtaining required approvals prior to implementation.
- Coordinates and directs the development of billing and collection activities including the collection of information of amounts of water sold, issuance of bills and proper collection strategies and procedures.
- Attends meetings of the PMU, donors, committees and whenever occasions the Unit has to deliver presentation of financial matters.
- Coordinates and oversees annual and other outside audits of the Unit’s financial records; ensures reporting of audit findings to the Unit Director and PWA.
- Works with the other two Departments to obtain financial information and provides financial monitoring reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and yearly basis including computerized reports as requested.
- Prepares and successfully monitors the annual budget and goals for the Unit. Reviews reports, publications, policies, and other written statements for accuracy and consistency with Unit goals and objectives.
- Perform related duties as assigned or required for the ongoing operation of the Unit’s business.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Mandatory Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor from an accredited college or university, in Accounting, Finance, Business, Public Administration, or closely related field with a minimum of seven (7) years of professional finance and accounting experience including at least three (3) years professional finance and accounting experience at the management level.
Desired Qualification requirements:
- Experience working in a public water and/or wastewater agency is highly desirable, but not required.
- Experience in principles and practices of budget preparation and administration in utility accounting and financial management, including general ledger, and customer billing systems.
- Experience developing annual financial reports and external audits, information systems and procedures used in financial applications.
- Experience in principles and methods of financial modeling; financial projections, and long-term planning.
- Preferably with experience in principles and practices of effective customer service, billing and collection.
- Experience in personnel management including supervision, work planning, training, employee development and annual performance evaluations.
- Demonstrable experience in methods and techniques of evaluating system performance and recommending modifications, principles and practices of budget preparation and administration and accountability, principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and administering Department goals, objectives and procedures, preparing administrative and financial reports.
- Demonstrable experience in research and analysis evaluating services, problems, identifying alternative solutions, estimating project consequences of proposed actions and implementing recommendations in support of goals.
- Good command of English speaking and writing.
- Knowledge of dealing with computers and proficiency in MS Office programs at an advanced level.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year. The contract can be renewed based on performance. The assignment will be on a full-time basis.
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive work environment. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to fill in the Form below before 01/09/2022 at 15:00.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted