Finance and Admin Officer – Gaza Emergency Response
Duty station : Ramallah
Reports to: Emergency Finance Coordinator
Accountable to: Finance Manager, Emergency Finance Coordinator, Emergency Response Team
Work in Coordination with: Emergency Response Team, Gaza Staff, Operations Manager
Contract: Full time - 6 months duration (renewable upon needs)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with financial emergency systems and procedures in accordance with organizational policies and donor regulations.
- Monitor and control cash flow to ensure the availability of funds for program activities.
- Recording day by day all the transactions on the financial system, collecting and controlling all the related supporting documents.
- Control that the documentation is completed before the payments (Contracts, VAT exemptions, Invoices, payment authorizations, purchase orders and procurement procedures when applicable) and after the payment (receipts, copies of cheques etc);
- Conduct regular financial analysis to identify areas for cost efficiency and budget optimization;
- Ensure the archiving and documentation of financial and administrative records for audits and reporting purposes.
- Serve as the focal point for urgent payments for staff in Gaza, ensuring timely and reliable disbursement of funds in situations where access to electricity and laptops may be limited;
- Coordinate with relevant teams to guarantee a minimum level of compliance in urgent payment processes;
- Lead the recruitment process for new team members in Gaza, including drafting job descriptions, conducting interviews, and facilitating onboarding processes.
Emergency Response Coordination:
- Work closely with emergency response teams to integrate financial and administrative considerations into operational plans;
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to support decision-making during emergency responses;
- Coordinate with the Country Representative and other relevant staff to ensure effective communication and collaboration across departments;
Human Resource Management
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies): preparing, collecting and scanning supporting documents related to local staff (i.e. collection of timesheets, annual leave, sick leave and any other relevant issue, and reports and follow up the coordination between Ramallah Office and sub offices);
- Update the vacation /sick leave taken
- Weekly Cash book Update
- Production of Payment Tables and weekly update consistent with project Budget (in collaboration with Project Manager)
- Monthly Bank, Loans and Supplier Reconciliation Sheets.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- At least 2-3 years of experience in relevant fields;
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor requirements is an asset;
- Flexibility, organizational and coordination skills.
- Excellent English (oral and written)
- Highly adaptable and reactive in fast paced, fluid and evolving emergency contexts
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Proactive and motivated to take on new challenges and develop processes and improvements.
- Stress Management and excellent time management to be able to deal with high workload in a demanding setting.
- Commitment to WW values and Principles
Interested candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter, both in English and Position in the email subject, to [email protected] no later than 26th of Nov 2023