HEKS/EPER is the Swiss Reformed Churches’ Aid Agency.
HEKS/EPER regional program in the Middle East supports local organizations in the occupied Palestinian Territories and Israel. HEKS/EPER/EPER Palestine and Israel Program focuses on strengthening the conflict transformation capacities of civil society so they can effectively work to change the structures, systems, attitudes and ideologies, which perpetuate the conflict situation and the human rights violations, linked to it.
The program thus consists of efforts to strengthen communities to address especially situation of denied or unequal access to land, housing and public space as well as awareness raising and advocacy components which target Israeli, Palestinian and International Publics and decision makers
For more information about HEKS/EPER please visit our website: www.heks.ch
For our office in Jerusalem, we are looking for a qualified and highly motivated candidate to fill in the following position:
Finance Admin Assistant (60%)
Starting date: May, 2018
• Under the guidance of the Admin Finance Officer to prepare the bookkeeping of HEKS/Office and Open Forum accounts according to HEKS/EPER policy.
• Handle the petty cash at the HEKS Office, register and file in line with the applicable procedures of HEKS/EPER.
• To carry out the administrative organizations of all data on payments and receipts of the office costs and keeping records of all financial data.
• To compile various financial documents, verify their accuracy, and ensure compliance with established policies.
• Responsible for managing the office P.O box.
• Responsible for the office maintenance and other office related services.
• Responsible for the management ofcontracts with third parties at HEKS Office.
• Ensure that HEKS/EPER capital asset inventory information is recorded. Ensure the proper use and maintenance of HEKS Office equipment and office supplies, bringing any problems to the attention of the Country Director.
• Assigning equipment to new staff and ensuring proper hand over of assets from leavers.
• Maintain cars of HO, including cleaning, insurance, license and any other related issues.e
• Under the guidance of the Finance Officer to ensure that HEKS Office purchases & services are done according to HEKS/EPER policy.
• Support the Country Director in organizing and conducting consultants’ and partners’ visits, training sessions and meetings.
• Administrative support regarding the logistics (accommodation bookings, transport) of program activities, HEKS/EPER Swiss representatives’ visits and visiting delegations from Switzerland.
• Support team members at HEKS Office with logistics (accommodation, transport)
• Ensure permits, visas for HEKS/EPER staff and partners are issued on time.
• Ensure the contact list of the office and staff are up to date and shared regularly with staff.
• Maintain an appropriate filing system for the project documents (proposals, narrative reports, financial reports) to accommodate all aspects of the HEKS/EPER work.
• Prepare and file partners agreements and manage contracts for partners.
• Maintain and update contact details of partners
• The employee may be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description as well as to provide support in other areas when necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Accounting diploma BA preferred
- Two years’ work experience in a similar field
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, Arabic skills and/or Hebrew are required
- Good computer skills especially windows & MS excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with others
- Good Team player
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Diligent and trustworthy person
- Analytical skills
- Driving license
HEKS/EPER offers you the opportunity to work in a motivating and challenging context in the field of civil society conflict resolution.
If you are interested and correspond to the profile, please send your application
(Curriculum Vitae, application letter and three references) via e-mail before April 12th to:
Please indicate “application Finance Admin Assistant Pal/Isl” in the subject heading.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to interviews.